Do you wear makeup when excercising?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never use makeup while I am doing my exercise.just concentrate on my exercise and after exercise just use my tawal and wash my face ...

Do you wear makeup when you exercise or do you go au naturel? Is it bad to wear makeup when exercising? Thoughts?
I dont understand women who wear makeup when exercising / at the gym.I 'am pretty feminine / girly too but I just dont see a point in having makeup on when your going to sweat and smell and be disgusting in about 30 minutes to an hour time frame.Your exercising / at the gym to work out your not going to look good regardless lol so I dont see a point making that effort.I mean I guess some women are so concerned with how they look in public that they put makeup on beforehand but damn like who are you trying to impress  there ? because if you ever looked around before at a gym people are not looking good lol.

[SIZE=10.5pt]Well, I am not that fond of makeup, I used to wear it only for certain occasions like parties, wedding events or events like these. Some may use it during exercise but it feels me pretty awkward wearing it during exercise lol. I mean the basic purpose of wearing makeup is to present you appealing to public but anyways it's everyone's own choice :)[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]

I sometimes wear makeup to work out - only Mac Powder and a little bit of eye shadow! 

I don't think it's bad, but it depends - if I have a spot I never conceal it properly because then I spose that would be bad for it!

Why to wear make up while exercising? We are going to end up with sweat and its going to spoil our make up. We'll have to reapply it.

it varies if I can be bothered.. but if I do its only light mineral makeup just to even the skin out. just in case there are some hot guys to check out wanna look a bit decent :lol:   :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Do you wear makeup when you exercise or do you go au naturel? Is it bad to wear makeup when exercising? Thoughts?
Don’t wear makeup when you are doing workout or exercising. You must have to apply sun block lotion when you go outside. If you are doing exercise indoor, then it is perfectly fine. But for outdoors I will definitely recommend sun block. [SIZE=22pt][/SIZE]

I think it all depends in the situation. If I go to the gym right after work, then yes I wear makeup to exercise. Now, if I'm home and I plan on working out... I won't go out of my way to put makeup on  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just got back from the gym, and there was a girl with like 3 layers of heavy makeup, with all the falsies with it, and it looked so dirty.. She was sweating, and the makeup was like sliding down her face. Not cool.

No, not all!! Generally, the best time for doing exercise is early morning and I don't think anybody likes to do makeup before any workout or exercise. But it totally depends on you which way makes you comfortable.

I feel like it would be more damaging to my skin to wash my face twice, both before and after working out, than to leave the makeup on and just wash after my workout

No, I don't wear makeup while workout as I feel light and fresh without makeup. Also, while exercising you may sweat heavily so it can ruin your makeup looks also. 

To wear makeup during exercising causes lots of skin problems. My skin is very sensitive and I never use makeup while going to the gym as it can cause pore occlusion.

Last edited by a moderator:
No - I have terribly acne and I find makeup always ruins my skin when I workout - I usually do Spin Class and Hot Yoga so I sweat a LOT. Once I started working out makeup free - even in the evenings I make sure to always carry a milk makeup remover and gentle facial wipes to gently remove my makeup before I workout. 

It's coming off either way so I may as well take it off before I work out. 

Back