Doctor Behind Study Linking Vaccine to Autism Accused of 'Deliberate Fraud'

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote:Originally Posted by Darla /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Johnnie,  its interesting you mentioned the financial motivation as a reason for promoting vaccines.  Its that same point that is being directed at Dr. Wakefield as his motivation for creating this linkage between Autism and vaccination.  There were financial considerations as part of a big law suit. If you're questioning the motivation of Doctors affiliated with drug manufacturing companies etc then why not keep the United States out of the discussion.   Take a look a countries with public health systems, like Canada or the UK and these countries (not beholden to the United States) clearly think that it makes sense from a public health standpoint to recommend vaccinations against some very deadly diseases that used to be prevalent.  

I think it is still a valid decision to recommend vaccinations even if it were true that vaccinations caused autism (which has never been proven)  just because it would always be better to be alive with Autism than dead with some of these horrendous diseases that we are routinely vaccinated for.

Emily, in answer to your question Jenny McCarthy was asked about her response and she declined to comment.

Gaa, for some reason, it's not showing my edited post, only the quote that went in it. Hmph!

I'll try and leave it here (just wait, all my previous efforts will show up at a random later point in tie and I'll look totally OCD.

here's the link I meant to add in to the quote above:..I also meant to leave a smart remark about Wakefield and Jenny offering to pay restitution to the families below who have been harmed due to misinformation about autism and vaccines...

http://whatstheharm.net/vaccinedenial.html

Back