Does being seen without makeup cause you anxiety?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I already have anxiety when I leave the house. Wearing makeup or not does not change that. But wearing makeup makes me feel more confident and more presentable. I never leave my house without my brows done, concealer on, and eyeliner. I do hate surprise visitors that see me without makeup on. That doesn't happen very often though.

Doesn't bother me one bit if I run out without any makeup on.  I figure I'll never seen any of these people again so what's the biggie? 

I don't wear much makeup, but it's hard for me to go out without any at all... after a commercial I saw some time ago, where there was a girl who went out of her doorstep, with no makeup and with her pajamas, to get the milk, and Antonio Banderas was jogging in front of her house and said "Hello" to her.  AAARGH!  Well, I keep imagining such a situation and force myself to spend the time to put some on!!!

I never used to wear make up until i started working in cosmetics. I started wearing make up when i was a little over 19yrs old and now it's just a habit.... i almost can't go outside without some sort of coverup! I'm really trying to minimise it by just wearing some concealer, powder and mascara... but gosh it's hard. However.... when i was with my boyfriend, I NEVER wore makeup around him (unless we were going out for some sort of special dinner occassion). It was weird but i felt good that he liked me and appreciate me for myself and odesn't care if i have an odd blemish here or there.

I always wear foundation and my eyebrows, because they're 97% makeup. I do get anxious if i don't have time to complete those things. I also have trich (pulling out my eyelashes) I always want eyeliner & a little mascare on the few lashes i have.

Originally Posted by Jesskaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I always wear foundation and my eyebrows, because they're 97% makeup. I do get anxious if i don't have time to complete those things. I also have trich (pulling out my eyelashes) I always want eyeliner & a little mascare on the few lashes i have.

I don't mean to be ignorant, but I really don't know what exactly that means, trich.. I know you just said (pulling out my eyelashes) but what does that mean, are you doing it on purpose because of your nerves or is this some sort of compulsion you can't help or what is it?  I never heard of it really, I've heard of people pulling hair out of their head and their eyebrows because of stress or something else emotional, is this what it is?

I don't wear makeup at work in the summer, its outside and the smell attracts moskito's and black flies like you wouldn't believe so when I am at home I like to makeup for lost time and wear it even if I am not going out, keep the beau impressed ya know, not that he cares but I don't like to look frumpy in case company swings by which happens lots!! 

Nope haha.  I don't wear makeup most of the time on the weekends and when I'm going to class. I just don't have the time! But for work and hanging out with friends I really don't like to go barefaced because often times pictures are being taken. 

This is so like me!! I cringe if I hear the doorbell and have no make up on I go into a panic. I just feel that I can't look at anyone with no make up on. I look pretty nice with but without I just feel soooo ugly, I wish I could have more confidence but I feel that because people are used to seeing me made up that if I'm not that they're all talk about how ugly I am. I know it sounds shallow but I just can't help these feelings I've been like this since about 13.

Back