Does eye makeup ever all come off with makeup remover?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use Lancome Bi-Facil and it's the best eye makeup remover imo. All I have to do is soak 2 cotton pads with it and lightly pressed them on my eyes and let them sit for 30 seconds, the makeups came right off without having to rub my eyes.

Thanks for all the responses. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that has black towels
smile.gif
The Philosphy Purity Cleanser sounds interesting since I've never thought that it was my cleanser not doing a good job removing my eye makeup. I think I'll try the cold cream too. I hate to admit it but I don't even really know what that stuff is? I've seen it at grandma's before but is the texture greasy?

And the baby wipes, I'll remember that one too since I have a 1 year old and always have those on hand but right now we're stocked with Huggies...it figures huh?!

Thanks again to everyone for all the suggestions.

I use a q-tip and dip some makeup remover, then clean the leftover eyeliner that didn't come off initially. love this, cause you don't have to rub your eyes.

i use lumene's gentle eye make up remover. seems to be doing the job lol. this is my first one so i've nothing to compare it to haha. and i use it usually before i wash my face. when im lazy i wash first....

Lush Ultrabland.

The most effective thing I have EVER seen remove makeup. EVER! And its all honey smelling mmmmmm.

xxx

I can't believe no one suggested baby oil. I heard about this years ago in a Cindy Crawford interview. I never have any problems using it and it always works for me.

I guess I've stayed away from greasy eye makeup removers because it seems like they make my eyelashes stick together and you can never get it off. So you're either stuck with black eyes or greasiness. I have some things to try now tho! If I find something that actually works and takes ALL my eye makeup off I'll definately report back. Thanks ladies!

I always use an Oil Cleanser, which ALWAYS removes my eye makeup completely and effectively. My favourites are MooGoo Oil Cleanser, and LUSH's Babyface, which smells really lovely when its melted!

I was once a devoted user of Chanel's makeup remover. It was gentle, but alas, too gentle to actually remove the heavy-duty stuff (like the 6 coats of Lancome Hypnose). I now use facial cleansing pads (I don't mind drugstore brands). They work as cleanser and makeup remover plus very convenient or my travels.

Baby oil, baby lotion, and baby wipes.

These things are great.

They are cheap and they are really soft.

I have tried Several and I know what you mean. I take it off...or so I think then after getting out of the shower there it is two black eyes. I just found one last night though that says it's new and it actually worked!!! It is One Step gentle Cleanser by Neutrogena. Complete makeup removal + refreshingly clean skin...I love it because it cleans your face and you use it on your eyes!! It was about $6.76 and it did work! I washed my face and eyes with it...no stinging or burning and I had super clean soft skin!

Originally Posted by girly_girl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have tried Several and I know what you mean. I take it off...or so I think then after getting out of the shower there it is two black eyes. I just found one last night though that says it's new and it actually worked!!! It is One Step gentle Cleanser by Neutrogena. Complete makeup removal + refreshingly clean skin...I love it because it cleans your face and you use it on your eyes!! It was about $6.76 and it did work! I washed my face and eyes with it...no stinging or burning and I had super clean soft skin! I seen this at Wal-mart yesterday and even had it in my hands but put it back at the last minute. Darn it! Wish I would have gotten it but I had already spent way more $$ than I had planned on what was suppose to be a quick trip there. Thanks for posting this!

I just switched to DHC's oil cleanser and it gets everything off. Before this I was using MAC's eye makeup remover and it always left smudges of kohl, but all the makeup melts off with the DHC.

i use biore...it works all over the face, with both eyes and lips...but you have to massage it in a bit. leaves a bit of eyeliner though, im never sure how to get eyeliner off your lower eyelid...i also like olay's wipes, but im careful not to rub them in the eye area, i did that once and it made my eyes BURN and over the next few days i had red painful eyelids...

Back