Does Honey Work for Acne?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are some reasons why we put honey on our skin...?

• It is suitable for all skin types, even sensitive. 
  • It acts as an antibacterial and anti-fungal agent and helps disinfect and speed the healing process of acne.  
  • It soaks up impurities and helps detoxify your skin.
  • It is loaded with antioxidants (aka the good stuff your face wants) and helps restore damaged and wrinkled skin. 
  • It is incredibly moisturizing, but will not break out you.
  • It naturally cleans your skin and leaves it super soft.

How about lemon juice? It has antibacterial effects and it is often used for cleaning bacteria off your face before applying the mixture (honey and whatever goes with it). I apply the lemon juice and leave it on for about 10-15 mins. My face feels a bit stingy and the skin tightens, after which I put on honey and aspirin with a little bit of water. I leave it on for about 10 to 15 mins again and then wash it off with warm (not hot) water. Works like a charm for me, my acne has significantly reduced. But it can also have negative effects. Apply the lemon on a spot and see if your skin reacts differently from what it should. If not, then you're okay.

It sounds like you need a more aggressive approach. I would try a combo of BHA ( for prevention) and benzyl peroxide- 5% for a spot cream. If this still does not work, go to the doctor for a prescription for Accutane, which are pills you take orally. I hope this helps! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hey lemon juice is also good but this post is about honey she wants to know honey is good or not. i am agree with all honey works

Honey is helpful, but probably won't take care of cystic acne on it's own. Oral antibiotics prescribed by my primary care doctor worked for me.

I would agree with those who offered you to go see a dermatologist - it is the best solution if you have real problems!

About honey: it is a natural product and as every natural product, quite allergenic. I had reactions to honey (rednesses etc) so it is not suitable for every skin!

Honey is really effective for acne as it has natural antibacterial qualities. There are multiple theory around is honey beneficial for acne?

Yes it is. As it reduce the water content within the pore lining. Since honey contains 69% sugar and it dries the water and acne will not be able to thrive into the deep skin when the acne begins.

As far as which honey is best for acne is concerned. I say that after a lots of research munaka honey and raw honey is beneficial for acne.

Back