Does the Proactive dark spot corrector really work?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The active ingredient is 2% hydroquinone which works to fade brown spots over time.  It can take 6-8 weeks to see the full effects, and you must use suncreen daily while using it.  Results will vary from person to person.

The Proactiv dark spot corrector (and the other Proactiv products) will be safe to use if you take the proper precautions to care for your skin while using it. When you are using any kind of skin care product, your skin will become more sensitive than it usually is, so pay attention to how it's acting. It will become more important to moisturize and use sunscreen, for example.

If you notice your skin getting red and irritated from the Proactiv, take about a week break and use the Proactiv green tea moisturizer to help your skin adjust to the Proactiv ingredients. Then, begin using the products once a day.

As mentioned above, the results of Proactiv, and any skin care product, will vary from person to person. I was on Proactiv a few years ago, and about a year or two after that I began using the dark spot corrector. It took a little over a month or two before I began to see results, but it did work for me. 

The active ingredient in the dark spot corrector is 2% Hydroquinone. The FDA did propose a ban on Hydroquinone, but products that contain 2% Hydroquinone (like the dark spot corrector) are still allowed for sale in the US, so they are safe to use. If your skin reacts negatively to the dark spot corrector, talk to a doctor or stop using it. 

Good luck!

I generally stay away from proactiv products because they didn't work AT ALL for me.

Latest posts

Back