Dove Soap -update??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before I even learned to buy separate products for facial cleansing I used to use Dove... It's been years though... I've been debating on looking into their facial cleansers.

Instead of Dove, has anyone used homemade goatsmilk bar soap. I find it is great much better than Dove.

Just my opinion.

To me the Dove cleansing bar is an old standby. It's a secret that gets passed down in my family--Grandmother, Mother, Daughter. It's soap free, inexpensive and never fails. This and Aveeno are recommended by dermatologist! I go back and forth between the two. I try other things but always return!

I'm going to try this now..too many positive responses not to!! I'll post back later with results...

I've used dove soap (along with other products too) since i was like 5, and it's always worked great for me. It's once of my HG products for sure and i love it.

I don't use it on my face, but do on my body, I have incredibly sensitive skin and this is one of the rare items I can use without getting a reaction (rash) so I love love love this stuff!

I only use Dove soap (but on the body). I haven't tried it on my face. I use Aquanil on my face and that is very gentle. My co-worker swears by Dove for her face though.

My dermatologist recommended it for my kids and I so that's the only soap in our house.

I have both the sensitive skin unscented body wash and bar soap which I use on my body. I have never tried it on my face but now I am tempted to.

question:

Dove soap en combined skin...how does that work out?

Isnt it so that the soap is going to dry me out and than my face is going to overproduce and make me look like a christmas decoration?

From what I gather, the cream in the bar does not dry out your skin like regular soap; so your skin does not have to make as much oil to counteract the dryness. That means less oily skin and less acne.

Originally Posted by charlie90802 /img/forum/go_quote.gif From what I gather, the cream in the bar does not dry out your skin like regular soap; so your skin does not have to make as much oil to counteract the dryness. That means less oily skin and less acne. Especially the last part sounds hella good, and since its so damn cheap I guess there is no good reason not to try it
eusa_whistle.gif

Originally Posted by charlie90802 /img/forum/go_quote.gif From what I gather, the cream in the bar does not dry out your skin like regular soap; so your skin does not have to make as much oil to counteract the dryness. That means less oily skin and less acne. well, next time I buy face soap I'll be sure to look at Dove. Thanks for the tip!

i've heard good testimonies about dove also. i wanna try it but the problem is i've got sensitive skin. if i change the soap that i am using for my face, i'll definitely have pimples the next day, plus i also notice that my skin gets darker (weird huh!). same goes with with body lotion. i can't just go change & try other products because it'll take months before my skin can adjust. that's my dillema
frown.gif

I have been using dove for sens skin for like 6 months now...will never switch..it balanced out my skin (very oily) and I do not have the stiff dry face feeling after washing...great stuff..so cheap..and lasts forever!

Back