Drugstore Gems!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been impressed with L'Oreal Youth Code Texture Perfector Serum Concentrate. I received it as a compensation from a L'Oreal study and my skin is definitely smoother. I'm nearly done with the bottle and will re-buy after I've made my way through a couple of other serums I want to use.

I'm looking for an outstanding eye cream (think Lancer dupe) and/or concealer that hydrates and takes care of fine lines.  I was in CVS today and just kind of stared at the stuff b/c I couldn't think of a single recommendation from this thread.  At the time I hadn't finished reading every post, but now that I have, I haven't seen mention of one.   

Bring it on ladies!!  Tell me your drug store HG for eye care stories!

For reference I'm 42 and thankfully don't have bags or dark circles (yet), but I get some serious creasing about 5 seconds after I apply Benefit's FakeUp.

Also, big thanks to @wadedl for suggesting the Simple eye roller.  I found it today at CVS!  I really liked the way it felt, but time will tell!  Thankfully it didn't sting like that Ole Hendricksen roller.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
UHG!!! That moment when you are walking in CVS and see your favorite lip shade on the planet in the 50% off DISCONTINUED bin :scared:  Oh no, my love of all loves, cover girl smoochies in Luv Bug....RIP I will miss you so....and hoard every single 50% off tube of you I can find. Seriously girls...send me all the smoochies.... :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And my newest drugstore gems are the Rimmel stay matte foundation and pressed powder!!! So awesome for oily skin! flawless looking and only $5 at my CVS. :wub:

My Drug Store Gems are:

Cover Girl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation

Pond Luminous Finish BB Cream

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer

Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer

Milani Baked Blushes

Maybelline Face Studio Master Hi-Light Blushes

Hard Candy Highlighter

L’Oreal Infallible Eye Shadows

Maybelline Colour Tattoos

Milani Bella Eyes Eye Shadows

Maybelline Full n' Soft Mascara (I think it’s discontinued in Canada :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

Maybelline The Rocket Mascara

Cover Girl Clump Crusher Mascara

L’Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara

Maybelline Define-a-Brow

Maybelline Colour Whispers

L’Oreal Colour Riche Balms

NYX Butter Glosses

Nivea Lips Butters

Real Techniques Brushes

Bioderma

St. Ives Apricot Scrub

Eucerin Skin Calming Daily Moisturizing Crème

My drugstore HG powder is Neutrogena Shine Control with rice protein complex. This beats the pants off UD's De-Slick both in how long and how well it works, and in that it is less than a third of the cost of the UD. I will pat it on over my makeup in the morning, and might have to touch it up once toward quitting time. For that matter, Neutrogena Mineral Sheers pressed foundation runs rings around Bare Minerals!

And my newest drugstore gems are the Rimmel stay matte foundation and pressed powder!!! So awesome for oily skin! flawless looking and only $5 at my CVS. :wub:
I just tried the Rimmel stay matte foundation this weekend.  It's amazing!  Keep my face from looking like an oil slick all day. 

Two of my HG's!! I actually prefer the rummell stay matte foundation over my Estee Lauder Double Wear and my KVD foundation!

I have a backup of the powder that I keep in my car for touch ups!

I had heard about the Wet and Wild Fergie shadow primer--it was on sale at Walgreens so I grabbed it works really well!  I'd much rather spend more money on pretty palettes than boring things like primer when it comes to prestige brands :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

All my make up is 'drugstore' but that's because I'm cheap. (Saying that I could walk into Boots and buy Chanel if I so pleased, so there you go.) My loves are Revlon Superlustrous lipsticks, I love the formula, and the matte shades are wonderfully creamy. Speaking of matte, Rimmel colour show off lipsticks were also beautiful, (sadly discontinued, but all over ebay if you don't mind that they are over two years old.) They go on almost liquid and dry down to a matte finish. I miss them so much. (I think most people hated them, despite reviews being good. I love them, I did manage to get all the colours sold in the UK after they were discontinued.) Also discontinued are the Models Own matte hyper brite lipsticks, they came in four shades and they were amazing. I'm so glad I got back ups. Gosh velvet touch lipsticks and nail lacquer, Revlon colorburst lipsticks, which are sadly missed. And not really drugstore, but one of the shops were I live has little box sets of three Nails Inc nail polishes for £5, they had three different sets and then I saw a new one the other day, (which I totally need to get,) oh hell yes! Due to the price individually, I couldn't afford them, but at this price point I totally get the love. 

I'm going to chuck out a few UK drugstore beauty gems here.

1. Collection Cream Puff lip creams - these come in 3 colours, apply as a matte lip cream, last well on the lips and don't dry out the lips. They retail at around £3

2. Natural Collection blushes - At only £1.99 these are incredible - the packaging feels a little cheap, granted, but the colour payoff is amazing, only a small swipe is needed. They last well on the cheeks and apply smoothly.

3. Sleek i-Divine eyeshadow palettes - these are a good drugstore eyeshadow palette option, as there are lots of different colour schemes on offer. The pigmentation is fairly impressive, the shades last well on the lids and are relatively easy to work with. At around £9.99 a palette, they're good value for money.

I never got around to getting the cream puffs, I think they've been discontinued as I can't find them on the Collection website, and they had four shades originally, but they only have three on the boots website. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Hi, I am new here 

Here are some of mine favourites, i am not sure all of them can be found in the US since I live in Europe

NYX butter glosses - one of my favourites. Really nice texture, pigmented fine, not sticky, not too thin not too thick. Have creme brule and apfel strudel and I am planing to get more :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> My favourites besides the Avon Luxe glosses

Bourjios healty mix concealer - I use it for under my eyes to cover the dark circles but also or highlight that area

Catrice photo finish foundation - unfortunately it's going to be discontinued soon. Great for everyday. medium coverage, natural finish, love the smell. I am buying back-ups :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
In case some of you haven't heard of them, Catrice is a drugstore German brand, with excellent quallity for the price. They have amazing eye shadows, single especially, lipsticks, mascaras are fine, nail polishes..

NYX creamy blush in Orchid - love this, my only creamy blush, beautiful both with minimum and full make up, easy to work with, i put it with my fingers, a lot of product for the price, I use it for months and you can't tell it

Catrice ultra colour lipsticks - pigmented, creamy my favourite is the shade Berry Bradshaw, gorgeous berry shade

NYX Mega shine glosses so nice ,pigmented and the staying power is really long for the lipgloss, at least the shade i have, dolly pink

Hello!!

I have a few drugstore products that I have been in LOVE with for a couple of years now.

Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner: Very easy to use, perfect for oily skin and if you want your eyeliner to last all day!

Revlon ColorStay foundation: My holy grail foundation perfect for my super oily skin! Makes my face stay matte all day

Revlon Lash Potion: The brush is amazing and fluffy!! Makes your lashes look long without clumping!

(NEW favorite) L'Oreal Miss Manga mascara:  This is perfect for the BOTTOM lashes!! The brush is small and comes to a point to get at those small lashes.  It is a bit clumpy but looks great on those hard to reach lashes!  

I've been reading all these because I'm planning a drug store haul for next week :luv:

Anyway, most of these have already been mentioned, but here are my contenders:

Maybelline color tattoos

Maybelline instant age rewind under eye concealer

NYX BB cream

NYC liquid mega liner

Real Techniques miracle complexion sponge

Has anyone tried the Boots Microdermabrasion exfoliator? I bought it on a whim but it works 100x better than my high end Image Skincare Microderm cream. I have these bumps on my nose, and they completely went away with the Boots exfoliator. Just finished the tube, and ready to get the next one already.

I'm really loving elf lately, especially the studio brushes. Wet n Wild eyeshadows are great...Nyx soft matte lip creams...Maybelline color tattoo...so many!

Back