Dry Flaky Skin Around Nose: HELP!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
exfoliate and moisturize, that's about it. vaseline is great if nothing else works. that's an interesting recipe Fatima, but lol i hate milk powder (probably because it never really tastes like milk to me), i can't think of using it on my face
rotfl.gif

umm i have had the same thing as you and i have went to the doctor.. they have prescribide me creams such as elidel and cortasone, they seemed to work for the first little but it has never went away for good. another doctor also thought it could be rosacea. i think you should go to the doctor and ask them what it might be because i have went plenty of times and i still get prescribed different creams to take care of it i hope this helps you

lol...thank you for the reply...it's amazing that I am still getting responses 2 years after I originally posted it, but it's awesome that there's so many caring makeuptalk members on the boards
biggrin.gif

I'm afraid to say that normal milk does not contain lactic acid. The milk has to be curdled or fermented. Sour milk and some yogurts and cottage cheese therefore contain it. I think the person who suggested this was thinking of lactose which is present in all milk normally - this is a carbohydrate / sugar which has no benefit to the skin. Lactic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) though, so should you find a source of it, it probably would exfoliate well. But for the easier option, just buy an exfoliator with AHA in. Milk does have the benefit of being soothing on the skin though, but I'd imagine yogurt would do the trick just as well.

Vaseline acts as a barrier to the skin, which prevents water from evaporating out - so it does not moisturise the skin itself per sa, but allows the skin to build up its natural moisture without the water being lost (whilst it is on the skin). This does mean that sebum will be trapped under it until it is removed, so does increase the risk of break outs if used excessively. Break outs can be a result of sebum building up in the sebaceous glands, as are comedones (blackheads).

I suggest that you perhaps do a little digging before trying something new if the advice has no scientific explanation. Otherwise, you could just waste your money for years. 

Sources: NVQ 2 and NVQ 3 in Beauty Therapy, A Level in Chemistry, A Level in Biology

Thanks for nice tips for dry skin. I have used your skincare tips and after use this tips make my skin so cute and soft. I am feeling very nice. Really your tips are very helpful for Thanks for sharing with us.

I have one homemade recipe. My grandmother told me to try it and you know, it really work on my skin perfectly :)

You need a hot (liquid) honey and sour cream. Mix it and apply on the dry skin area for about 20-30 min.

I also advise to wash your face with a hot water before applying it, to open the pores then the effect will be better.

I have tried lots of different creams, but still use this old recipe when nothing help me. Hope it will help you as well.

I have the BEST remedy! I've had this dry flaky, red skin problem for the last five years. It was on both sides of my nose, and a little on my top lip. I HATED IT!

A friend told me goat's milk could help this, so when i was in the chemist, I saw a goats milk soap for about $2.50 and tried it. IT WORKED 100%, within a few days.

I use it every second day and it's been perfect, NO REDNESS, no scarring, at all! It's been 3-4 weeks, and I'm really stoked! I think you'd need a soap with a really high goats milk content, not just a hint of it. Also, it (surprisingly) dries the skin out a LOT, so I only use it on the problem area, not all over my face.

Hope you can all try it! It's amazing! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back