Dry Shampoo

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use the Suave Professionals Waterless Foam Shampoo, rather than the dry powder based ones.  I like it, but it does not get rid of a ton of oil.  If you have gone 2 days without any type of washing, it probably won't work for you.  But if you use it like me, on every off washing day, then you might likee it.

This is just me, but what I'm looking for in a dry shampoo is just something that can absorb oil--which is actually, surprisingly hard to find. I've literally tried about 6 or so different dry shampoos (all sprays though, no powders) and I've found that all of them suck at absorbing oil--and in fact, just end up making my hair feel dirtier. Most of them acted like hairsprays, in that they made my hair stiff and crunchy--the opposite of freshly clean hair.

If I ever need a 'dry shampoo', I'll just use baby powder. I have black hair, but I don't use much and baby powder is very fine so it's not noticeable. The Tresemme one was by far the worst offender. The Suave one was ok, but it just didn't really absorb anything and my hair felt dirty after like half an hour. If I ever see it around, I might just try the Oscar Blandi powder one.

I've heard lots of good reviews on Lush No Drought Dry Shampoo and was about to buy it, but I just found another dry shampoo and thought its similar to it. GG Gatsby Ultimate Lift Dry Shampoo Powder. Lush is a few dollars cheaper, I believe, but I want a dry shampoo that work! Have anyone try any of these yet and would let me know how it turn out? Thanks! 
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Uyen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've heard lots of good reviews on Lush No Drought Dry Shampoo and was about to buy it, but I just found another dry shampoo and thought its similar to it. GG Gatsby Ultimate Lift Dry Shampoo Powder. Lush is a few dollars cheaper, I believe, but I want a dry shampoo that work! Have anyone try any of these yet and would let me know how it turn out? Thanks! 
icon_biggrin.gif
Moved your post over to this one since we were already yaking about it hehe.

I tried a couple, and the one that works best for me is the Schwarzkopf Got2b Rockin' it Dry Shampoo.

I have the bedhead rockstar one...but i MUCH prefer the tresseme one. they have many different kinds (sprays to mousses) for different hair types

I have thick black hair and use the Suave without any issues. It gives me about an extra day and a half and a really nice Blake Lively-esque texture. It does initially leave a grey residue but after rubbing it in lightly with my fingertips, it completely goes away. 

For me, the more expensive dry shampoos cost me A LOT more for very little visible difference. 

This is one thing I wouldn't splurge on but maybe it's just my hair. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I use clay (morroccan or yellow clay, whatever i have bought for my face), which seems to help and ironically gives me more volume than all the volumising products i've tried ever did. And it stays, so much i actually have to tame it down a little.

It helps me gain one more day before washing my hair.

The only issue i have with it is it's a messy process, and you will have to clean the bathroom sink after, especially with yellow clay, it leaves stains that don't go away with just water.

I've only tried TRESemme, both the foam and the spray... I do not suggest the spray! The foam worked well for awhile but eventually it was like my hair adapted to it and whenever I would apply it, hours later my hair would be filmy... 

I really like the Batiste hint of color one but I think I'm going to try Klorane's next since I LOVE their regular shampoo. 

My first dry shampoo is Batiste. It worked so well that I bought the second bottle, the third bottle... but no more bottles because I can't stand the smell anymore.

It's too heavily perfumed! 

Wish any one can recommend me a fragrance free dry shampoo. Baby powder is a good idea but not easy to use.

I had tried Klorane, Rene Furterer, Alterna.... a lot... But my friend recommended me to use Faciano Dry Shampoo. Now I love it and continue to use. It really can clean the oil and feel fresh without leaving any residue, since it doesn't contain powder and not use them to brush ur hair only...Blast to give it a try! 

First ever post! I use bioterra dry shampoo from sally beauty supply. It works great! I like it because you shake it on. I havent had luck with the spray on kind. Works great on dark hair. You just have to bring your hair well after sprinkling it on.

I like Faciano dry Shampoo. My friend recommended me using this. After using I feel very refresh, very clean, no residue to leave on your hair at all. No oil on the hair. Very good! 

The only dry shampoo that has ever worked for me is Ojon Full Detox but the aerosol always breaks after one use :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> there is a non-aerosol version but I haven't tried that yet, it's a little more expensive but this stuff is amazing for me: no weird residue, smell really good, and works really well.

Back