Dry Shampoo

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have tried Tresemme spray and waterless foam. I didn't think the spray was terrible, just not great. It is mattifying but it does lighten my hair a tad, however it's fairly easily brushed out. I don't like the foam, I don't like the way it makes my hair feel and I think it might even encourage the clumping my hair does when it's oily.

The other brand spray I have is Salon Grafix and it is what I go to. It does not leave a lighter residue and it's mattifying. I'm sure there are more effective brands out there but I don't buy high end products. When Salon Grafix is used I'll try Baptiste next.

Originally Posted by xjackie83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I hated dry shampoo. I didn't like the cost or the smell of it. So I bought a really dark mineral makeup that was close to the color of my dark hair. Now when I have oily roots I take a large blush brush and just dab so of the MMU on my roots. It's cheap and easy. That's a neat repurpose. Before I found dry shampoo I used baby powder and hated that even after I brushed my roots stayed lighter, I'll have to try your method.

Im using one right now from Sallys. Its called Beyond the Zone Rock On. I love it. I used to have to wash my hair everyday. Now I can go atleast 2 days in between washings.

Originally Posted by kiimuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif I personally like Batiste dry shampoo; it's available at Sally's for I think around... 6-7 bucks. I wash my hair every other day, and it's great for reviving my greasy bangs on my off-days. They come in a few scents, but since I don't usually like smelling like artificial flowers I opt for Batiste's original formulation. I love that stuff. I think it works really good for blonde hair as the powdery stuff is really white. I also have used Klorane, it is really pricey about $20-25 and it doesn't last as long I think. You can try Cake's Satin sugar, it has a choice for blonde or brown hair and it smells really good.

I tried the spray can by Tresemme and that stuff was horrible. I'm a brunette and it left my roots gray. I just used up my can of Sexy Hair Dry Shampoo and it's okay. It worked well for my very oily hair but it felt dirty, like I couldn't run my hands through it. But it didn't look dirty, smelled sweet (like honey suckles) and really did boost my roots all day. I'm still looking for something cheaper bc it's very expensive for such a small amount.

I tried the TRESemme spray dry shampoo and I actually liked it. It dried up all the oil and it did turn my brunette hair gray, but after I waited around two minutes it came out easily. Plus I loved the smell. No more stinky can dry shampoo.

I am obsessive about washing my hair daily. I can't function without doing that. I did try baby powder once when I was younger cramming for exams and I didn't make it home to shower. I saw some at my clearance outlet - SG (salon grafix) and thought I'd buy some for my daughter who's hair gets kinda stringy but I ended up not getting it.

I've used TRESemmé before as well, it was okay. However... I remember reading an article a long time ago that said over time any sort of Dry Shampoo will create a waxy build up inside your hair follicles that could slow the growth per month down over time. Anybody else ever hear of this?

I've tried the Oscar Blandi dry shampoo (powder) and I guess its okay--I don't like it all that much though...it smells pretty good. It soaks up some of the oil in my scalp, but I think it makes my hair look a little limp and I don't like to touch it or run my fingers though it afterward, it just feels weird and not really very clean.

I got the Ojon spray and shook it really, REALLY well and it still clogged up right away--I don't really know if its worth the trouble. What do you think?

Does Ojon have a powder, and does it work better than the OB one?

I'm hesitant to try the Oscar Blandi spray one because of those experiences.

I read somewhere that wrapping cheesecloth around your brush and then brushing your hair is also a way to get rid of some of the oil without using a dry shampoo. I don't know where to get cheesecloth, or I'd try it!

kayley--you can get cheesecloth basically in any craft store. They even have it at the Walmarts in the craft section.

I use TIGI Rockaholic Dirty Little Secret dry shampoo, and I love it!

I just recently in the past two/three months stopped washing my hair everyday... I want my hair to grow faster and apparently, washing every other day is #1. Make sense. But anyways, my hair gets icky and oily within about 24hrs, and being blonde, it starts to show. I picked up TIGI Rockaholic at Ulta and I LOVE IT. It smells fresh and works wonders! I use it pretty much whenever my hair starts looking gross, a little spray at the roots, some teasing with a comb and I'm ready to go.

Originally Posted by Lucy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
batiste make dry shampoo that is coloured so you don't get white bits in your hair. i use the brunette one all the time, it's amazing.

I am completely in love with this one. Holy grail 
heart.gif

I tried with clay (it was yellow but i think green or white would be better), it works nicely but OMG it's a mess, good luck washing the sink after ! I think i will try next time with some starch, corn or arrow root. I wash my hair every two days due to the oily atmosphere at work, but with dry shampoo i can wash my hair the next day which is a blessing when my scalp becomes irritated (which it does, from time to time).

I love the All Nighter Styling Powder. It comes in different shades to match your hair color and it's chemical and scent free. I couldn't be without it. I just wrote a review on it also.

Back