Dupe for MAC Blue Brown?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by dentaldee /img/forum/go_quote.gif here's a swatch.........blue brown on the left and intrepid on the right......the only difference I find is that intrepid is a little coarser......I took this pic in natural light no flash.
That looks like a dead ringer to me! Thanks for the excellent swatch, dentaldee!
smile.gif

I love this pigment! I'm so happy that its out there somplace else incase I ever run out of mine! Its been DCed right?

Yeah, I sold my Label Whore e/s because I just had too much of the same color! lol! I kept my L'Oreal HIP Intrepid, though.
smile.gif

I can only use this color in small amounts, though. When used from lashline to crease, it's waaay too warm for my cool-toned skin. It looks kind of orangy like dentaldee said.

I get this problem a lot, though. Melon pigment and Expensive Pink eyeshadow look orange on me as well.

I bought Loreal Intrepid and even though it looks the same as MAC Blue Brown it sure is lower quality! It wore off after 3 hours!!! I couldn't believe it. Two Faced Label Whore isn't that much cheaper, so I'm just going to buy the MAC pigment. I guess you really do get what you pay for.

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I bought Loreal Intrepid and even though it looks the same as MAC Blue Brown it sure is lower quality! It wore off after 3 hours!!! I couldn't believe it. Two Faced Label Whore isn't that much cheaper, so I'm just going to buy the MAC pigment. I guess you really do get what you pay for. Are you serious??? It lasts all day and then some on me. That's why I got rid of my Label Whore instead! lol!
IMO, L'Oreal HIP pigments are not as finely milled as MAC, so they don't feel as good going on. Other than that, they look exactly like MAC and wear exactly like MAC to me.

yeah, I couldn't believe it either because the HIP pigments get such great reviews. I put it on, sat and kintted and then went for dinner with a friend and it was already worn off.

I bought my Loreal Hip eyeshadow in Intrepid at Walgreens when they were having a BOGO sale and I also had a coupon from their easy savers booklet which was for $3 dollars off so I basically got 2 hip pigment shadows for around $8. The Intrepid pigment is good, but I do find that after a few hours it starts to fade away some if I don't prime my eyes with something.

I have Intrepid and I love it. I apply with a damp brush on top of UDPP and it will last all day and all night. Sometimes after like 12 hours I might touch up the crease if its a long day lol because I have oily eyelids, but for the most part its awesome.

No eyeshadow lasts on me anymore than 4 hours without a primer.

I have Intrepid and loove it. It lasts until I wash it off but then I have dry eyelids, plus I use a small amount of eyeshadow primer beforehand, so that might be why.

Originally Posted by dentaldee /img/forum/go_quote.gif here's a swatch.........blue brown on the left and intrepid on the right......the only difference I find is that intrepid is a little coarser......I took this pic in natural light no flash.
https://forum.makeuptalk.com/gal...upstuff021.jpg

Wow, that's so close!! I wish so much we could get HIP here!

Originally Posted by Maysie /img/forum/go_quote.gif Check out Loreal Hip pigment in Intrepid. Its brown with blue reflects...and sometimes you can find it BOGO free at CVS or walgreens. I think they're like $10 each. Exactly. I saw the BOGO at CVS and almost bought it, but I still have alot of my MAC blue brown left. It looks like a pretty good match up. I bought the purple and teal cream eyeliner instead, fyi....

rockwoot.gif

One of the bottom colors in the Comfort Zone Wet N Wild palette is similar. Maybe not the exact same, but it has similar dual tone burgandy/copper colors. A little like MAC Smut, but very unique.

Back