Dupe of Urban Decay Naked Palette

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got my neutral book yesterday, I haven't even touched it yet though.  I hate how they keep sending me the same quad as my free gift :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I should take it to Target and exchange the color.

Oh I love my daughter's school's SLR camera much better than my digital camera. I redid all of the pics I've taken the last couple of weeks but haven't uploaded because of how crappy (blurry) my pictures are. Time for a new camera I think. lol We took these outside so you could see what the colors looked like under natural light. Photos have not been color corrected or adjusted other than in dimension size. Click the pic for a full size version (warning VERY large images).

Urban Decay on top, ELF on bottom.

Left to right: Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sdecar, Buck, Half Baked, Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep, Gunmetal

Urban Decay on top, ELF on bottom.

Left to right: Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sdecar, Buck, Half Baked, Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep, Gunmetal

The colors are very similar however all the lighter colors you have to build up the color. The light five ELF colors I had to swipe several times to get it to be dark enough to come close to the UD's Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar and Buck. The colors are very similar but again there are differences such as in Half Baked being more yellow toned than the ELF color which is more orange toned.

Smog is more rich than the ELF color and it has a better payoff than the ELF color.

Darkhorse's ELF dupe was chalky and if I took a closer pic of it you may see that it left a bit of unwanted residue from being a bit chalky.

Toasted's dupe isn't as shimmery as Toasted in one swipe but it's pretty darn close.

The last three colors - Hustle, Creep and Gunmetal - and their dupes are also pretty darn close but I think the dupe for Creep is a bit lighter while Gunmetal is a wee bit darker.

For $5 it's a fantastic dupe but be prepared to fight with the lighter colors since the color pay off in the first five are on the crappy side.

http://zadidoll.blogspot.com/2011/05/urban-decays-naked-vs-elf-springsummer.html

Zadi this is phenomenal! Thank you so much for the side by side comparison and descriptions.

Actually i was entirely surprised with ELF Beauty Book Neutral Eye Palette i have the Naked palette and the texture of the ELF and Naked is so similar i love it!!!!

Thanks for the swatches!  I might end up buying the naked palette..maybe.  The elf is fine for me right now though,   I know their lighter shadows tend to be terrible but I usually don't even use lighter ones.

I have to say that the colors are completely different outside in natural light than under indoor lights. Inside the colors didn't look alike. In fact this is what I stated before.

They look similar in the pan but once you put them side by side they're different shades. Some of the ELF shimmers contain sparkle pieces that are completely different or too... large (for lack of a better description).
And it's true, inside they don't look to be that similar which is why I'm glad I re-did the pictures outside and using a SLR camera. The ELF one dark grays do have larger sparkle pieces than the UD grays but outside, in natural light, there isn't much difference in overall appearance. Weird isn't it how light - or lack of natural light - can radically change the look of something?

Love the Naked Palette, but dupes are always cool! If anything it's a great way to expand your collection of shadows if those shades are your style.. ie, if you like that, you'll like this too!

Gotta say though, the MAC dupes collection wasn't quiiite right. I find Knight Divine to not nearly as pigmented and blendable as Gunmetal, and the shade is more grey than the blue hinted grey of Gunmetal. Also, I think Woodwinked is much closer to Smog than Half Baked - Woodwinked is a bronze with just a hint of antique/burnished/copperyness to it, where as Half Baked is more of a true gold.

Also, WOW can't believe how close that ELF palette is! Crazy!

Do you know how good or pigmented the NYX pallete is compared to UD naked pallette.

I have the ELF palette and as the others have said it's really identical. It isn't as pigmented and the lasting power isn't as good but for the price comparison it's amazing. I love both palettes (I don't own UD's) but the ELF palette is definitely awesome.

I can't recall if it was here at MUT or some place else that someone compared the NAKED with WnW palettes. I did the same and found that in order to replicate the NAKED palettes you need to buy several different WnW palettes which of course adds up. The 8-pan of course is $4.99, the 6-pan and 4-pans are $2.99 but once you factor in all the prices you're spending more with WnW than you would with ELF. Of course Walgreens and Rite Aid have fantastic deals from time to time but still it will add up.

It would be great to see the comparison of these two just like what zadi did with ELF and UD (thanks for taking the time btw, that was great).

Originally Posted by cc1020 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you know how good or pigmented the NYX pallete is compared to UD naked pallette.

Oh you lucky things, they don't sell that particular ELF beauty book on the UK/European site 
frown.gif
  I have some other ELF eye shadow palettes and they can be a bit hit and miss in terms of how powdery they can be, and how well they wear, but they are always so cheap that even if only half of them are useful, that's still a good deal for the money I think.

x

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've seen it at big lots actually
And this is why I miss home =( You can get good brands and the not so good at big lots, ross, marshall's TJ Maxx, even the dollar store... sigh!

no elf at my biglots.  We have LA Colors and then random other brands discounted.

Great photos Zadi!

Originally Posted by arcybarrios /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

And this is why I miss home =( You can get good brands and the not so good at big lots, ross, marshall's TJ Maxx, even the dollar store... sigh!

Back