e.l.f. Studio: What products would you reccomend?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love love their blushes and golden bronzer is my go to daily bronzer. I recently picked up the eyebrow kit so I'm testing that out to see if I like it.

I've tried so many different ELF products. The only one that I can say that I was really unimpressed with is the essentials line mascara. It is pretty bad and dries out within a month. Also their nail polish is horrid. It chips so fast.

Some products that I totally love:

-Their essentials line of liquid eyeliners are amazing! They last all day, are easy to apply, and totally pigmented!

-Their eyeshadows (the mineral ones and the essential ones) Totally pigmented, and last all day!

-Studio HD Blush. This stuff is super bright! But it is so easy to blend out and it gives such a nice flush.

-Nail polish remover wipes. These remove any type of nail polish super easy!

-Luscious Liquid Lipstick and the Hypershine Gloss. Both my all time fave lip glosses! They aren't sticky, don't smell bad, and are pretty.

Most ELF stuff is pretty good. And its all pretty cheap, so you can't go wrong just trying things that are interesting to you :)

I use the Makeup mist & set every day. its awesome.not for setting your makeup, but for taking away cakey-ness lol. I also really like their HD powder. but DO NOT buy it if you're not ivory skinned- I can only use it in the dead of winter. otherwise it makes me look like a ghost. lol

I like their studio matte lipcolors. AND OH MY GOD. I LOVE THEIR JUMBO GLOSS! theyre amazing. not sticky, good staying power, nice minty-ness. oh goodness. so good

Originally Posted by nkjm /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I also agree that the quality of their product really jumps from batch to batch. I used to love the old formula on their lip stains, but I think newer batches have a really weird liquidy feel to them.

Genearlly, I like their blushes, esp this golden/yellow one that I use as a highlighter. Similar IMO to albatross by NARS. They have a color corrector palette thing too that's pretty nice. Matte and single eyeshadows are also pretty good. If you have short lashes, they also have a mini-sized eyelash curler (like a 1/3rd sized full curler) which I use fairly regularly too. I also use their primer on a daily basis.

IMO stay away from these Studio products: dual eyeliner/eyeshadow pens, tinted moisturizers (oxidized on me like crazy), dual eyeshadow primer/eyeiner sealer, makeup setting spray, and HD powder.

If you're venturing outside of their Studio line, I really like the mineral line for foundation. They also have a really kick butt breakout powder thing that really helps with my blemishes.
I actually love their HD powder.. it works great on me and really soaks up oil without adding a cakey more makeup look to my face.

I am addicted to their essential line liquid eyeliner. I used to spend $7-$8 on one alone! Now i just spend $1 and works just as good :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i love the studio line brushes, mist & set spray. .. Only thing is it takes a while to get your order :/ i waited almost 3 weeks for my last order.

I haven't used a lot of ELF products, but the ones that I have tried I am happy with.  I use the ELF brush cleaner almost weekly and it does a good job of cleaning all my brushes and making them feel soft.  I also have an ELF kabuki brush that I love and use daily.  I got an ELF eye shadow pallet about a year ago, it was my first introduction to the brand that I found at the register at Urban Outfitters, I saw it was just $5 so decided to pick it up and give it a try.  It's OK, not the best, but for the price I paid it's fantastic!  Next up I want to try their blushes, I have heard good things about them.

I love ELF. Recommend everything. I have almost all there stuff. I use it daily.
reddance.gif

I just got the elf mineral face primer. Its a pretty good dupe for the benefit POREfessional. Right now I'm actually liking it a lot more than the porefessional and at $6. You can't really go wrong :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. And their brushes. Love all of their brushes

Back