Early signs that you would be a makeup addict?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i used to color in some crazy eyeshadow combos in my barbie coloring books, and these 80's streak blush and all the pictures had different eyeshadow, blush and lipstick combos!!! i was like 8, and i have an aunt who always wore extreme makeup and was a also makeup obsessed, she wore fake lashes EVERYDAY just to give you an idea, and when she would visit, i would RAID her make up bag because i wanted to look just like her!!! i was about 5 or 6 and then when i got into jr high i REALLY had a "makeup problem" cuz my best friend (then) and i would go into a drugstore on our way to school and shoplift black eyeliner and mascara!!! and then of course i used to do makeovers on everybody i knew before and after photos included!!!!! AAAAAHHH i LOVE being a girl!!!

I did the eyeliner on magazine photos as well! And I always wanted to give makeovers too, and in my afterschool daycare sometimes I would get some girls to gang up on a boy, hold him down, and give him a makeover, haha. Maybe that's why I love drag queens so much!

when i was little my mommy gave me all of her old red lipsticks so i drew on the my bedroom walls and little vanity with it, and would draw big red lips on my face, also when i colored in my coloring books which were barbie or dolls i would color eyeshadow on their eyes or make them have lipsticks, and on my barbie dolls i would get marker and permantley marker there face and make it look like they have makeup.

i did the exact same thing, (and still do sometimes)- i would take a sharpie and draw "better" eyebrows/eyelashes on girls in magazines. my mother says i used to be more interested in making my barbies look pretty, than actually playing with them. and i guess the fact that i took a lot more time putting colorful makeup on my stick figures' faces than anything else was a sign as well.

I remember I had a friend in junior high her mom was an avon lady and when ever I had money I used order lots of stuff behind my moms back when she didn't let wear makeup yet.

my mum was a makeup artist and i was always fascinated by all those *crayons* stuff inside and i would follow her to see her makeup for people. i could do full face makeup when i was 9!
smile.gif
my mum is a beauty junkie... so am i now ^^

I used to experiment with my mum's old makeup. She didn't have much, limited colors, but I used them anyway. My folks would laugh at me, me with my bright pink and blue eyes, hahaha..

I'd want to break down the makeup on celebrites I saw on MTV.

I went through phases of experimentation as I grew up. I went through the..

- smokey eyes every day phase

- lined eyes every day phase

- brown eyes every day phase

I'd like to think I'm still growing, I'm currently in the soft grey, lined eyes phase.
smile.gif
I've never been in a lipstick phase, I'm waiting for inspiration to hit me.
smile.gif

I had quite a different upbringing to most of you, my first dabbles in makeup was when I was an young adult in my attempts to look feminine.

It's funny how it's always our grammy that "fuels our fire".

Not so with me though, it was mostly my aunt. She had this big case of makeup and tons of perfumes, I remember (from stories of my childhood) that one time I got into her case and played with everything, when they found me I had lipstick and stuff on my face, the bathroom floor and in the toilet xD. If I had some kid do that to me...I would probably cry for a month straight.

i remember my grandpa gave me a kids makeup kit when i was like 6 or 7, i would get off of school and thats the first thing i would do, i really liked the blush. once i had a very brilliant idea of putting the blush all over the face i guess to make me look like i had makeup on, it wasnt a very pretty picture

Way, way back when I was really little, I can barely remember, but its the first thing I remember having, a little Mickey Mouse make up kit, I mustve been really little because all the makeup was plastic. There was like an eyeshadow quad with an applicator and a lipstick and blush. And even tho it was plastic I remember it still cause I loved to use it all the time Id pretend to be putting all this stuff on myself.

Every halloween I loved bein a witch because my grandma would put RED lipstick on me and eyeliner and I loved it.

My moms not into makeup at all, beyond a simple line of black eyeliner, she goes no farther lol, so I told her to teach me that and buy me an eyeliner when I was in grade 6 or 7, and from there its all been my own trials and errors, some horrendous looks I did lol its tough teachin yourself, but now I know so much better, and so much, so it was all worth it
smile.gif

Ahh sorry to ramble! Lol

omg, I got a barbie makeup kit when I was 4, with pink and blue eyeshadow.... everyone that came to visit was subjected to a makeover lol. Then there was my grans theatre makeup kit... woo hoo!!!!

i would also take a marker or pen and draw eyeliner on all the girls in the magazine haha!

I would also put on a load of my moms makeup when my parents were out of the house, stand in front of the mirror for a couple of hours, and then wash it off lol.

I took eyeliner and drew eyes on the sidewalk. Then around 7 or 8 I started making my own fashion magazines complete with cosmetics ads. I still have those by the way. Notebooks full of them. Hilarious!

when i was little we would pretend we had a televised makeup show.

i also remember praying for a tube of Revlon Silver City Pink- a SUPER frosty Barbie pink shade.

i got a makeover one time at victoria's secret when i was like a senior or junior in hs.

after that i was hooked.

Back