Elite Pro Makeup Distance Learning Program?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before taking ANY course, my .10 would be to check the local state laws requiring licensing for makeup artists. Some states have them, others don't. Mine (MI) happens to be one that doesn't. Basically you could take as many "professional" classes as you want, but none of them will be recognized by the state. *

*There are, however, other options that unforunately cover little (if any!) makeup instruction and application: cosmetology and estictician schools both will provide a state-recognized license upon completion. I've had a few makeup-loving friends go through cosmetology school who mention they breeze right over makeup, covering just sanitation--no client interaction, advanced application, nada. So I'd be picky about those types of schools as well.

Great topic! 

Yeah in my state you don't need a license for makeup artistry, but I would worry about sanitation issues so I've been wanting to take some classes anyway... Does anyone have any cheaper makeup classes? I'm not trying to spend thousands of dollars, especially considering I'm at university now so money is tight :/

So how were the courses for you? Did you work in the makeup industry before schoolong with them? Where have you been able to find such a good job?

[SIZE=medium]I had a very positive experience with the Elite Pro Distance Learning Makeup program. The course was exactly what I was looking for. I was able to learn all the makeup techniques I needed to get started with my career. During my studies my tutor that I was assigned was very knowledgeable and helpful. The fact that the course was online it fit with my schedule perfectly.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Today I’m making great money freelancing and I love my job. I definitely recommend Elite Pro as I had a great experience overall.[/SIZE]

Originally Posted by Chachica /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would recommend (as everyone else is saying) you go to a proper class to get your qualification. You'll get better 1 to 1 teaching and much more practical experience.

I'm not sure how related this is to the topic lol but I did a distance learning biology course and was hugely disappointed. The information I was sent was unclear and difficult to understand plus their 'amazing personal tutor who you can ask questions of whenever you get stuck' didn't ever reply to my emails. Funny that
whistling.gif
I agree...I would look into local community college programs to see if they offer certificate or diploma courses in makeup artistry. You'll get much better training with an in-person program than you would through a distance learning program. Applying makeup is a hands-on learning process, after all :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

Fashion, Make-up, designing, Art are amongst the most growing parts of Entertainment industry, without make-up artist there would be no glamour and beauty on TV and cinema screens. With the increasing awareness about the looks and beauty consciousness has also improved. This particular field has also developed as a separate industry and subject particularly taught with all its details. There are numerous online schools offering Online degree programs related to fashion and makeup which educate the students about all the basics and details of online schools offering online degrees related to the fashion and makeup and offer quality online education, meeting the standards of the best schools in the town. It is suggested to go through the online resources before selecting any school and finalizing the decision on any of them.

I live in the Virgin Islands and there aren't any make courses that are offered here so I was planning to do an online course cause its like my only option. Do you guys have any recommendation? I was thinking about Epro but saw the reviews and would rather be safe than sorry and I was also checking out Robert Jones Beauty Academy I love what I see there! Any advice would be lovely! 

Back