Escape Monthly

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just signed up today for this just to get the Paris box. I know I won't stay subscribed because it's not really something I can afford monthly but Paris just sounded so nice...

Rick Steve's I am sure is much cheaper. Smarter for them. I just hope the quality is there. I will be really curious how the Escape to Paris compares with 1000 places Paris. 
I didn't order the 1000 Places since I am not a crazy huge fan of France, HOWEVER I am basically curious or interested in ANY travel-related boxes so I can't wait to see what ends up in 1000 Places as well as how it'll compare to Escape Monthly's Paris. 

I've been getting Escape Monthly since Dec.'s Italy box, but I switched accounts a few months ago in order to take advantage of the discounted three month subscription voucher from Living Social. The Paris box is my last of that subscription deal; I am thinking of then switching to the mini-box. Since they've been doing a mini-version, I've almost been finding the contents to be just as good or interesting as the regular box. 

I was getting TravelBox as well, and they've TWICE sent me a Paris Luxe City Guide. 1000 Places announced early that their first box was going to be Paris [so I was also a little concerned about there being a travel guide in it], and Escape Monthly had been hinting about a Paris box for a few months so I was already expecting a guide in that one... 

It's shipping by this friday due to a delay in an item getting stuck in customs.  won't spoil that item for you.

I got my tracking number and it's 2 day priority mail so maybe tomorrow? It shipped from Oregon.
They just created their shipping labels. One item is arriving late to their warehouse because it was held up in customs--if you read your shipping email, it says it'll ship by Friday. They are probably creating the shipping labels and getting the pkg as ready as possible so they can ship out as soon as possible.

I  sadly missed this month but I got a great 3 month deal on living social.  I am excited for the next 3 months I am signed up for.

They just created their shipping labels. One item is arriving late to their warehouse because it was held up in customs--if you read your shipping email, it says it'll ship by Friday. They are probably creating the shipping labels and getting the pkg as ready as possible so they can ship out as soon as possible.
Good to know! I didn't really pay that much attention. I wonder what this "item" is that got held up? This should be a fun box!

Good to know! I didn't really pay that much attention. I wonder what this "item" is that got held up? This should be a fun box!
The item is coming from France, which is cool. They'd already announced it as a spoiler anyway:

"We had an unexpected delay getting the $26 Institut Karité Hand Cream through customs, but fortunately it was just cleared and everything is back on schedule. We're sorry for the delay, but we're sure you'll find it was worth the wait!"

has any shipped from this month yet? i know the notifications went out (pre-shipment) but wondering if anyone has any movement.

No movement on mine yet and it doesn't have far to go - Lake Oswego's only a few miles from me.

No movement on mine yet and it doesn't have far to go - Lake Oswego's only a few miles from me.
Me neither. Tracking says it'll be two day priority mail so I was actually worried it'd arrive Saturday when I am gone for the weekend. Hoping it arrives Monday...

This was put on their facebook page 20 minutes ago:

UPDATE! Whew - what a hectic weekend! As most of you know, we faced some significant delays at the borders getting some of our premium products in from Paris, including the $26 Institut Karité Hand Cream.

The good news? Paris Escapes are on their way to you now, and your tracking information should update shortly. Boxes will be arriving in the next 1-3 business days!

We hope you love them and we promise it will be worth the wait!

Last edited by a moderator:
I appreciate, by the way, how Escape Monthly is handling this compared to the dismal way PopSugar handled the delays with the limited edition resort box last spring. PS had delays but were vague about what was happening, then sent a small percentage of them out, then a week or two later, some more were sent, then a week after that, they finally sent the rest. (On top of one item being really poorly sewn...)

I feel like Escape Monthly has been good about why there was a hold up and responding to inquiries on their facebook page, not just replying with some canned insincere apology... I've been subscribing since Dec. and this is the first time there's been a delay and I am glad they are getting items imported from France, not French-inspired products made or purchased elsewhere!

For those interested in France, there's a new subscription box called https://getfrenchbox.com/. The Sept box is only $14 (assuming it's still available/not sold out--I've not checked).

Latest posts

Back