Everyones input on "cheap" makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont buy cheap brand.

i'd rather not get anything at all. am scared that it might ruin my face in the long run. i have a sensitive face, especially my eyes. if i use a cheap eyeliner, they'd start getting itchy. so by choice i have to stay away.

I like different brands for different things. Eye shadow tends to be a fail with cheaper brands but in contrast I have only ever bought one high end mascara because cheap brand mascara is just as good and I don't see the point in paying big money for something that doesn't last long. As has been said things like lip gloss and powder (Rimmel stay matte all the way!) are often better cheap. I've heard so many complaints about MAC lipglasses being sticky, you don't have that problem with Revlon! My favourite cheap brands are:

GOSH

Sleek

Rimmel

Revlon

I like cheap makeup, i think there are pearls in every brand, no matter the cost.

But looking at the prices here there isn't such a big difference between cheap and higher brands, so i often go for MAC or Urban Decay for that reason, rather than Rimmel, Revlon or Bourjois.

High end, low end, whatever... all types have great items and total duds. Learning to search reviews of products before you buy is the best way not to lose your money. Ignore the packaging and brand and look at what is inside and then decide for yourself. I have some Wet N Wild and NYX makeup that I prefer to higher end. Other things to consider are makeup allergies and sensitivities that close off some of those choices.

There are some cheap makeup products that are awesome just like there are some expensive brands that are awesome. I buy both cheap and expensive and I have found some expensive brands that's pure garbage. For me price only determines the cost of the products not it's quality.

Originally Posted by Eyelining /img/forum/go_quote.gif I like different brands for different things. Eye shadow tends to be a fail with cheaper brands but in contrast I have only ever bought one high end mascara because cheap brand mascara is just as good and I don't see the point in paying big money for something that doesn't last long. As has been said things like lip gloss and powder (Rimmel stay matte all the way!) are often better cheap. I've heard so many complaints about MAC lipglasses being sticky, you don't have that problem with Revlon! My favourite cheap brands are:GOSH

Sleek

Rimmel

Revlon

Very happy to se another GOSHfan.

I like to shop cheaper drugstore brands for eyeshadow shades... I will often see a shade that looks great but is from a not so pigmented brand (like Covergirl) but all I need to do is put down a little neutral cream shadow underneath and then the shadow shows up fine, and I didn't need to spend a ton of money on it!

I tried ELF...never again. It's too cheap for me.

I'll go to Target & get mascara & eye liner, which I like L'Oreal. BUT, for foundation, face powder, lipstick, & eye shadows, I stick w/ dept store brands.

I just bought a $42 foundation stick by Shu Uemura, so I hope it's worth it! Normally I get Estee Lauder foundation.

I've never had the pleasure of using a department store brand so I likely don't know what I'm missing. But that will have to wait for a steady job at least. (I've been out of work since a surgery flop last year.)

I use E.L.F. almost exclusively, with a few items from drugstore brands thrown in. But then again I'm just starting to experiment with wearing more than tinted moisturizer and mascara. I figure, while some E.L.F. products are low quality, others are quite good and definitely good enough until I figure out what look I want and can stock up on just what I need from more expensive brands.

Back