Extensions

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting extensions. My hair is about two inches below shoulder length and i want to make it about the middle of my back and i was wondering how much do extensions cost? Does it depend on the color or length? rahh need help

Reaction score
There are so many factors that go into pricing extensions. Here are some things to think about..

-Glued, braided, pressed technique

-Quality of hair

-Amount you want put in

-Touchups every few weeks

-Will the extensions need to be colored?

In the Salon I work at they start at $250 for basic extensions. But I had extensions braided in last summer and it was only about $50 and I paid $50 for the hair.

Reaction score
Well I am most likely thinking of getting the pressed technique..I want pretty good quality of hair..to the point where it doesnt look fake. Since my hair is 2 inches below shoulder length, the length i want to get is like this

audrey kitching image, picture by blshep8 - Photobucket

Im not really looking to dye the extensions.

If you could estimate a price thank you ^.^

Oh and my hair is very light blond..but it is dyed. So yeahh the color is almost about bleach blonde

Nox

Reaction score
Go schedule a personal consultation. Before you do that, you should research all the different common methods, that way none of them will seem that foreign to you. A good hairstylist would point you in the proper direction, and after objectively researching, you will be able to tell when a professional is full of ish, or if they have a clue what they are talking about. You'll be paying for the stylist's execution of proper technique, so make sure you find a good one...not just one that knows how to talk a good game.

Quite a few years back, I wish I had taken that advice up above. I had something (roadkill) installed that really ravaged my hair, and it's taken me nearly this long to grow it back out to where I was trying to get it in the first place with extensions.

And while you're at it, take a look at HairBoutique.com... this place has a ton of information.