Extremely oily skin!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have such oily skin, like you can see your reflection in my face in like 3 hours! I already use blotting sheets but I literally go through like 6 sheets during school. What products can anyone recommend that would help me out? Cleansers, moisturizers, masks, makeup, ANYTHING!!! Thanks in advance!

I'd have to ask what you're currently using first because if you're using heavy duty cleansers, etc. your skin could be overcompensating for the harshness by producing lots of oil!

Ohh I'm currently using 2 different face washes, Clinique Liquid Soap for Oily Skin, and an acne wash perscribed by my dermatologist, called Rosula. I also use Clinique Clarifying Lotion 3, and I use Neutrogena Oil-Free moisturizer for Combination Skin (I use Clinique Moisturizing Gel all other seasons except winter. The skin around my eyes gets dry and flaky now).

Quite using Clinique clarifying lotion 3 it has tons of alcohol in it which just makes u produce more oil

OC 8 lotion is great for the oilies

Accutane can be prescribed for excessively oily skin. Needs to be administered by a dermatologist though.

Your derm might have other ideas or products such as oil absorbing lotions.

Or you could ask your local pharmacist if they have anything over the counter that might help.

Okay here is a very effective home remedy that I repeat for all oily skin sufferers out there:

Take 2 tablespoon gram flour, 1 tablespoon honey and a little mustard powder. Mix them all to make a paste and apply this paste every night on you face before going to bed. Wash after 10-15 minutes. Oily skin, acne and other skin problems will soon be gone!

I would quit using the clarifying lotion, i used to use it and now i use something else. my skin is a lot less oilier. Sometimes using such harsh products on the skin just produces more oil and this stuff dried my skin out. I would do some research and switch to something else that isn't like that.

Kathy's right about the oil cleansing method...I know it sounds insane to put oil on oily skin, but it has been a godsend to me. I am so glad I tried it.

have u tried OCM? oil cleansing method?

most people's skin makes extra oil due to lack of it, so it over produces when u get rid of it

the thing about OCM is it gets rid of just the right amount of oil. since oil absorbs oil and it leaves what you need , so your skin stops producing oil because it no longer needs to

a lot of people claim it cleared up their acne as well

it cured my oily t-zone!

give it a try,

EDIT: i cant post the link because I need 10 posts or greater and I'm a newbie

google "oil cleansing method"

I have very oily skin as well, and I used to use clinique and quit. I still have oily skin, but not as severe. If you change anything, quit using the toner...tons of alcohol and it causes your skin to produce more oil than ever! Seems opposite of what it should do, but I am a believer!

MAC's mineralise skinfinish natural - great for getting rid of shine but won't clog your pores. A cheaper version is Rimmel's mineral mattifying powder. Origins' zero oil also creates a very matt base at the start of the day when you pat it onto your face. Under makeup I would suggest MACs oil control lotion or similar primer for oily skin - it will help your skin produce less oil as well as mattifying the surface.

Kathy is totally right about your skin overcompensating. If you are using a prescription cleanser plus something else, that is probably too much. If a cleanser is leaving your skin "dry and flaky" it is probably too harsh for you.

One of our staffers has used the Neutrogena oil-free moisturizer before and found it surprisingly heavy. This same person found that a lighter moisturizer (not necessarily 100% oil free) worked much better.

i have a very oily skin too and i use clinique three steps, I-cleanser II-clarifying lotion III-hidratant gel. it's excellent

I'm also a member of the extremely oily skin club! On this board, a member named Sew Amazing said to use Phillip's Milk of Magnesia under the makeup during the day. It helps & it's inexpensive.

BUT...I'm also looking for something that I could use on my skin that will eliminate it over time. I may try acneXpert's remedy below, I hope it works:

Originally Posted by acneXpert /img/forum/go_quote.gif Okay here is a very effective home remedy that I repeat for all oily skin sufferers out there:
Take 2 tablespoon gram flour, 1 tablespoon honey and a little mustard powder. Mix them all to make a paste and apply this paste every night on you face before going to bed. Wash after 10-15 minutes. Oily skin, acne and other skin problems will soon be gone!

No harm in trying the gram flour remedy. Make a face pack of gram flour and plain yogurt. you can add a little honey if you like. Mix to make a paste and apply on your face. Let dry for 15 min. Your oily face will become dry. Try it. It works ! It also makes your skin smooth ! So 2 in 1 !!

Latest posts

Back