Eye Cream

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What's a good age at which to begin the use of eye cream? I'm 25 years old, and I read on another thread (the one about a skincare regime) that it's important to use it. However, I've been told that I don't yet need to use a specific eye cream, that a little moisturizer should be enough, but not a heavy specific eye cream.

What do you all think?
icon_question.gif
Thanks!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Well from past experience I've found too heavy an eye cream can cause millia(white hard bumps similar to white heads but non popable)I would say a gel form would be adequate right now..

Myself being a professional beauty consultant for numbers of years meeting with many people of all ages and skin color needing our services because of their specific skin problems and concerns. During my years of experience with people worldwide we see many problems today which usually start many years prior to problems surfacing. Some people are blessed with good skin due to their family genes, diet, and lifestyles. But sooner or later "Father Time" starts to show itself. So if fortunate to know there is proven products that are compatible to the human skin allowing the skin to function as it should, and by using preventive regiments with " Mother Nature " compatible products for the human skin .. " Head to Toe " solutions during our lifetime to help combate the signs of aging etc... www.fanie.com has articals that may answer many questions.. Remember, age is only numbers - If you like what you see in the mirrow you will feel better about yourself .. you are only as old as you feel - Motion is the staff of life I know I just had another B-Day.. Florie..

Thanks so much, Allisong! I've got a few samples around here. I'll give them a try. I believe MeetMark and Avon have some, too. I'm hooked on Mark's products right now, so I might have to give it a try!
smile.gif
Are there any that you recommend?

Originally Posted by allisong Well from past experience I've found too heavy an eye cream can cause millia(white hard bumps similar to white heads but non popable)I would say a gel form would be adequate right now..

Originally Posted by allisong Well from past experience I've found too heavy an eye cream can cause millia(white hard bumps similar to white heads but non popable)I would say a gel form would be adequate right now.. I'm currently using St Ives Stress relief for eye and face..It's a gel..gives a nice firming effect but I wish it was a bit more moisturizing..The search continues**sigh**

I agree with staying awy from eye creams that are too heavy. I bought the La Mer one once when I got crazy and thought that it would really work miracles but it caused me milias instead. I think I was too young for it and it was just too heavy for me. It was a nice eye cream but just not the right for me. I stick to just a gel or gel cream types now and I know now that a high price doesn't guarantee results.

I'm only 19, but I've been using an eye cream since 16--- figured a little prevention couldn't hurt, plus my concealor is easier to apply. My favorite is Sonia Kashuk's Hydro Firm Eye Cream. It's a good moisturizing eye cream, nothing fancy, but it does it's job.

Fiesty!@#@ Glad to have you back!

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme

I'm only 19, but I've been using an eye cream since 16--- figured a little prevention couldn't hurt, plus my concealor is easier to apply. My favorite is Sonia Kashuk's Hydro Firm Eye Cream. It's a good moisturizing eye cream, nothing fancy, but it does it's job.

Yes, there are many eye cremes on the market which many may clog pores due to the chemicals in the cremes. Also some brands are cell puffers, giving a temporary smooth look which is only bringing the moisture to the skin surface. Being a hydrator creme , but within a few hour will dehydrate the skin and can leave more noticable lines due to the moisture eliviating from the skin, like sweating.No matter how much liquid a person may drink it will not go to the depleted topical skin areas.. That's when skin aging sets in at any age.

Check out FANIÉ specialized "Fine Line Creme" .. www.fanie.com

I would also like to relate to aging - it is not 10% as someone noted in a prior answer - It is inevitable from the time we are born..That is why it is important to start paying attention to skin health at all ages.. Florie / EPRI

Usually puffiness around the eyes are caused by allergies etc. Also the lack of circulation, for many reasons under the eyes is another problem that usually denotes a blue darkening or dark circles around the eyes. At our teaching facility here in Irvine California, we advise after cleansing the skin with the FANIÉ White Oak Herbal Cleanser and using the FANIÉ Revital Eyes around the eye areas, continue the treatment using the FANIÉ powder masques mixed with a little extra FANIÉ Tru-Skin for a more moist masque. With you soft brush apply close and under the eyes and lightly on eyelids to help relieve these conditions progressivly. The FANIÉ masques are constrictors and also helps tighten and tone this sensitive skin area preventing dehydration that quickly ages the skin. I also want to remind you to cover the entire face and neck when doing these masques close to the eyes. Masque application may be done every 4 or 5 days and left on for 35 minuets or more and then flushed off the skin with plenty of tepid water. We do not recommend mixing any other manufacturer's products since the FANIÉ products work in concert with each other and thereby you are afforded the full benefit of the nutrients within each product and are fully rewarded with progressive results.

If the FANIÉ Fine Line Creme is needing more moisture for the comfort of the skin we will add the FANIÉ Herbal Seed Oil to the jar of creme and mix well with a clean spatchler . Or you may apply the FANIÉ Mist E Oil prior to the dry skin areas, then apply the FANIÉ Fine Line Creme over, to help carry the moisture oil deeper into the skin tissue..

For further info check www.fanie.com / e-mail [email protected]

Have a good day - Florie

I don't think "a little moisturizer" is enough.
wink.gif
20-something eyes are not invincible to the effects of the sun, and here is where we lay the groundwork for future wrinkles. Having said that, I don't think you need a heavy eye cream because at this point, basic hydration and protection is what you probably need. I recommend an eye cream that provides antioxidants and sun protection, if you don't layer your daily sunblock over your eye area. (I use a zinc oxide block for my face, which is gentle enough for my eye area.)

Originally Posted by Kage_sCupotea What's a good age at which to begin the use of eye cream? I'm 25 years old, and I read on another thread (the one about a skincare regime) that it's important to use it. However, I've been told that I don't yet need to use a specific eye cream, that a little moisturizer should be enough, but not a heavy specific eye cream.
What do you all think?
icon_question.gif
Thanks!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

agree--- never too early to start. I use "Eye Doctor" by Origins. All you need is a tiny dab and you are set to go!

Originally Posted by GR8FISCH Never too early to start. Add T-Tapp alfalfa to prevent puffiness. Fanie Intl. Fine Line cream & a drop of Misty E oil per eye prevents dryness from dehydration & A/C or heat. www.t-tapp.com; [email protected] for fanie.

Latest posts

Back