Eye Makeup Removers...Best, worst, and how to!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mostly use use wipes (the "Yes to Cucumbers" ones) since I don't wear anything wateproof except for my eyeliner. It feels more refreshing/cleansing than bottled makeup removers, since I feel like they leave residue behind. Olive oil/almond oil/jojoba oil/etc work amazingly, but I use them as a backup--I don't like the oily film it leaves in my eyes.

For me, the worst were these organic makeup wipes (forgot the brand)--the towelette was scratchy and the formula did nothing lol. On the other side of the spectrum, the Almay eye makeup removers stung the hell out of my eyes but worked well.

I was using olive oil for a while and it worked well at removing, but it tends to leave some oil behind. That did not so much matter as I started using a face wash afterwards, but occasionally there would still be oil around my eyes.

But then recently I got the Kose Softymo Deep Cleansing Oil from Amazon. It is a Japanese product. I have used it a few times to remove make-up including body paint and face paint. It is a thinner oil and it rinses off pretty well with water and no oily residue. One of the times I did not use a cleanser afterwards and I still did not feel oily.

In both cases, I massage the oil into my face (sometimes over the sink and sometimes in the shower). I generally do not wet my face first, but sometimes I do wipe of what I can with a wipe. Anyway, I massage it in for maybe 30 seconds, then gently wipe off with a washcloth. The olive oil sometimes required quite of massaging in for tough eye make-up but the Softymo seems to get it without any real extra effort.

I always used to use olive oil but I've now switched to baby oil. Its pretty gentle on my skin and I have no reaction to it. Its also a good pre cleanse before you use your cleanser. Plus it gets off wp mascara amazingly.

I love Bioderma! It doesn't burn my eyes and it gets everything off. It can be a pain to order though.

I love bi-facil and hate Mac charged water remover. The charged remover takes so much to remove eyeshadow, never mind fluidlines etc.

Right now I am using the Philosophy Purity face wipes to get my makeup off. I was at Sephora over the weekend and was really tempted to buy their makeup remover, but then I remembered I had preordered one from Bona Clara (https://www.bonaclara.com/) because I already use some of their product and love them, I enjoy the educational aspect of the brand, and I liked all the marketing they did for it (especially the video). I really hope it lives up to my expectations - I'm anxiously awaiting for mine to ship!

If that doesn't work out, I would fall back into using the Philosophy wipes!

Right now I'm using Nars Makeup Removing Water, which works pretty well, but it's slightly too expensive and oily.

What is the best makeup remover under $20 that is oil free? I don't wear anything waterproof.

I have used the Yes to Cucumbers wipes and they take all my make-up up. They are fairly inexpensive. I still prefer my Softymo Deep Cleansing Oil, but I do use those when I need a quick removal and when I am on my trips. ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back