Eyebrow color Vs. Hair color..

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dye my own hair medium light blonde for over a year now(it's light brown/ dark blonde naturally)and have kept my eyebrows the same color they've been since I was around 12--light brown. It doesn't match perfectly the way it should naturally be, but it's not disconcertingly off, I don't think, so I'm fine with it

I have dyed my hair blond and not done my eyebrows. But they are pretty thin, so its not such a problem.

i have dark hair so my brows are dark and it doesn't matter. lol

I dont think brows & hair should match. No one not even with their natural color matches hair & brows 1 is almost always slightly darker.

Originally Posted by Min I dont think brows & hair should match. No one not even with their natural color matches hair & brows 1 is almost always slightly darker. I agree, it can look odd if the two match exactly. It's more important that the hue colour is the same and it's really up to go whether you want brows to be slightly lighter or darker. I think darker brows look chic (Just my opinion!), I mean if you go blond most people will be able to tell that you dyed it (especially us girls and especially if roots start showing) so don't worry about them picking on your brows. I know that if I choose to go lighter I won't be trying to convince anyone it's natural - having fun with colour and choosing shades that suit your skin/eyes is what counts.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha general rule of thumb is
dark haired gals go one shade lighter on brows

blondes go a shade darker (obviously not very dark, but blonde eyebrows would be non existant so a taupe colour is most flattering).

xxx

Yepp, this is what I have heard too!!!

Back