Eyelash growth products: is it worth it?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the dramatic girly look false lashes can create, but I dont like wearing them. I also love trying different mascaras to achieve the 'false lash' look but now I'm interested in lash growth products. I'm not sure where to start and don't want to spend money on something that doesn't work. I think after reading a few reviews I will try the UD line.

I personally don't think they're worth it, since wouldn't you have to use them consistently for the rest of your life if you want permanent changes?

I used Latisse with great result but now I am using Fysiko Lash serum because it is cheaper and it doesnt require prescription. It made my eyelashes really long and thick, bold spaces in my eyebrows filled up now

Latisse has bimatoprost, which is used to treat glaucoma and people with diabetes. No thank you. I'm sick and tired of these companies pumping in fear that I'll be socially rejected because my eyelashes are not 2mm longer. Or my armpits are too dark. It's too much of this crap flowing around. 

I know Latisse works. Can't say anything for the rest of them, though.

Try just plain, simple castor oil. It's ridiculously cheap & works great for lashes, brows, hair growth, conditioning, thinning hair, as a moisturizer. You name it. It might also get rid of that line on your eye. I know it has worked really well with evening out my skin tone when I use it as a moisturizer at night. I prefer the black Jamaican castor oil which I bought on Amazon. Huge bottle for about $8 or so, if I remember correctly. And no, it doesn't irritate my eyes as all. Even if I deliberately put some in my eyes. The last thing I'd personally be doing is switching to another chemical based lash product when you're already having issues like this.

Originally Posted by americanclassic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I personally don't think they're worth it, since wouldn't you have to use them consistently for the rest of your life if you want permanent changes?
I kind of see it similar to people dying their hair or painting their nails.  It's not permanent, you have to keep redying and redying, as it grows out.  For some people, it's still worth it.

Look for the ingredients known as prostaglandin in the specific eyelash products that stimulate growth of eyelashes. Genuine clinical studies have revealed that prostaglandin is effective in stimulating eyelash growth. Reportedly, this substance that can really make eyelashes darker, stronger and thicker and this is also being applied in the same way as using an eyeliner. However, FDA claimed that prostaglandin is being used for treating glaucoma and they also warned users against possible side effects such as itching, burning as well as an eye color change. Eyelash products that contain prostaglandin are sometimes on and off the beauty aisles based on the discretion of FDA, with prices that range from $150 or up for every tube.

Aliya Smith

One of the best ways to help restore the appearance of healthy eyelashes and or eyebrows is with the help of an eyelash/eyebrow growth treatment product.

I had a little dark spot after using LATISSE and it went away after I stopped using it in about 3-4 months...

I use FYSIKO now and dont have any sideeffects and it works great, they do say that if you overuse it, may get redness or itchiness. I used to use it twice a day, then once a day, now three times a week

I personally would recommend Fysiko as it is natural and they did trials od like 250 people and got great results. I think it is like Latisse but natural

i just looked and careprost is now $10 ?  Does anyone still use this?  i am thinking i'd like to try this or the fysiko...not sure which.

Latisse did work for me but the price is too much!

Thanks

Jenn

Has anyone tried Ardell Brow and Lash?

It's $4 with free shipping on amazon[not sure if they sell it in the drugstores] but one of the beauty gurus I'm subbed to briefly mentioned it in a video.[she had done a video on the 40% drugstore.com sale and said she was buying it and that it worked really well] 

The review are all positive saying it worked wonders in 12 weeks.

I'd love to try it, but don't want to get eyelid darkening. I scanned the ingredients and it doesn't seem to have the ingredient that's being regulated.

What about the Wet and Wild one? I read the ingredients and it contains castor oil. Which I know someone mentioned it working on their lashes.

I think the Wet and Wild one is priced the same.

I've been using Ardell at night for the last month or so.  No lid darkening, but don't really notice any difference in my lashes either.

Originally Posted by Roshni Diya /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So i've been using Lilash for months now, and my eyelashes are really long. I have to say, i adore them, they look like i've always wanted them to look! But, a few months in i noticed a dark line on my upper lash line, where i apply it. I waited to see if it'd go, but it's been months and it hasn't. It's more than a "line" now, it extends about half way up my eyelid and isn't even flat; it's a bit swollen. My mum said she doesn't notice it and that my eyelashes look lovely now. But it's even difficult to make it less noticeable with concealer because it's darker than the rest of my eyelid.

Well, i don't know what to do. I feel like i'm doing something bad to my eyelids for the sake of having long lashes! I stopped using Lilash for a couple of weeks, but the darkening didn't go, and my eyelashes started getting smaller again so i quickly started up with it again. I don't know, will my eyelids even be restored to normality if i stop using Lilash? And is it better to have long lashes and bad eyelids, or bad lashes and normal eyelids?

If i do decide to stop using it and my lashes go small again, i guess i'll try to find a reallly good lengthening mascara, because in my 18 years none of the mascaras i've tried have lengthened my lashes much at all.
Hi Roshni,

I can advice you something, that you can put castor oil on your eyelashes, and eyebrows (only if they are thin and very less hair on them) before going to bed, and wash them off at morning with a mild face wash. I usually follow this and within two months I got awesome result. When attaining any party I go for eyelash extension from beautyandmakeupessex.co.uk. I trust them, as I got result. If you find any eye cosmetic hampering your eye skin or resulting to discoloration, just avoid it then and there.

Quote: Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I use Rapidlash and never had that happen. Maybe you could try another product?

I also use Rapidlash and that does not happen to me either. I love it! my lashes have grown so much in the last two months of using it (after being badly damaged from lash extentions. I just ordered a second tube :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I have used maxolash and it works for enhancing eyelash length. However, there are a few unpleasant (yet mild) side-effects. I have dry, red eyes, red eyelid rims, and a slight discoloration on the area where I apply the product. All in all, a good product with no side effects that are worth it, considering the results.

Last edited by a moderator:
hiiii Jessica

I have used maxolash and it shows great results without any side effects and i must tell that it contains all natural and safe ingredients....

Back