Eyeliner tips here?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I keep trying to apply it, and I keep my eye twitching while I do it, and my eyelashes get in the way. ):..... on top of that, the way my eyes are, I cannot half-close them and have them flat like this:

It's like I need to close my eye completely, hold the lash down to keep it steady, and force the application, but it just makes it so messy..... any tips? ):

Sorry if anything here is vague.

When my eyes are twitchy I just pull on the outside of my lid and make it longer and it's easier to put it on. It doesn't close them but it makes the skin tighter and moves less. Pencils are more forgiving than liquid liners too so you might try that.

Thank you, I will try that. I DO have a pencil liner I think in a gift I got, so I will give it a shot. Thanks!

More tips welcome as well to try when I get home. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I feel your pain! I have very twitchy eyes and it has taken me a long time to get where I can apply my own eye liner and mascara.

One thing I have found helpful with eyeliner is tilting my head back a bit (kind of looking down the tip of your nose at yourself) so my eyes are lowered, but I still can see. That might help. You might try it combination with Dalylah's suggestion as well ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It takes time to get it right though. Pencil is a lot easier. I also tried cream/gel eyeliner with a slanted eyeliner brush once I got the pencil. The cream/gel is a lot easier than liquid for me. Then I tried a pointier brush with the cream liner. And finally yesterday I tried one of the felt tip liquid liners and I had no problem with that. If I can do it, I am sure you can too with practice ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Old thread of mine, but I moved onto trying pencil, and I think a pencil is definitely doing it better for me. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I will have to try that head-tilt thing too. s:... I think my eye reflex has grown stronger. Since then, I have gotten colored contacts, and been poking my eye out for the last week and a half, so it's starting to seem easier now. Just those darn eyelashes, haha. Thanks for the advice! c:

Latest posts

Back