Eyeshadow for dummies

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Sofia Yes, I finally went out and bought UD Primer and even my creamy eyeshadows adhere and stay on better with and you're right, Trisha, a little of that primer goes a long way. I'm a minimalist when it comes to make-up, but lately I've been trying to play up my eyes more. The only thing is I have big eyes (I think) and I have to be very careful not to over-shimmer/glitter them, because I think I look awful. YAY, another UD PP user. Its the best stuff in the world.
claps.gif

Originally Posted by eightthirty Trisha - Thanks for the Fab response. Though I hear MAC is all the rage, I'm open to any suggestions you have regardless of brand.

In response to the above question....YES, I would like a more opaque color. For example, on your eyelook below I could find lookalikes in my mu stash, but when I try to apply them it looks nothing like what you've got....just a dull sheer tint. 've even tryed dampening my brush. (That's probably a no-no! - hence the reason for the name of the thread).

JuxtGuacamoleTemperleyBitterBluePee.jpg

WOAH!!! thats awsome omg I absolutley love your eyes like that its soo pretty
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha a base is also very important, are you using one?
it gives something for the shadow to grab onto x

I don't have e/s specific base. I wanted to try UD PP, but I'm trying not to buy any more cosmetics until after my cruise or I'll be begging for alcohol. Then again maybe if my makeup pops...the guys will be drooling and buying me drinks!!
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by eightthirty Can you describe the packaging or take a pic of it??Surely someone here can ID it for you.

its a black lil pot theres no lable or anything. i bought it at this makeup stand at an indoor flea market. anyone know any good eyeshadow bases possibly under $10??

Thanks everyone! UD PP is on my list.

In the meantime, I found a tutorial type thing for eyeshadow from 1 color design to 4 color design.

Back