face wash recs

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One more question, have you tried the stuff for PC's with benzoyl peroxide, there is one with 2.5 and one with 5%. I don't know which one to get

Originally Posted by destiny No, I haven't tried MD, so I can't compare the two, but I did hear great things about it, some people swear by it. I haven't had any problems with PC at all, which of course doesn't mean it will work for everybody. I also use her 2% BHA lotion and 1% gel, which I absolutely LOVE! It has helped me tremendously with clogged pores and skintone. My skin is more even, less red marks, less little bums, much less new breakouts. BHA in general helps you with these things, I just like PC's. I also use the non greasy moisturizing lotion at night, sometimes during the day all over when my skin feels kind of dry, or I apply it to just dry patches. It smells weird to me, but who cares when it works!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
It really is a very light lotion, moisturizes just enough for my oily/combo skin. It is not greasy at all, soaks in very well, and gives me kind of a matte finish. I am about to try her 8% AHA lotion, I can't wait for it to arrive. :icon_love

you can buy it in salons or on line

for oily combo skin try

special cleansing gel

active moist moisturizer its oil free

daily micro exfoliant

sun screen with parsol

Originally Posted by bonbon412 Where do you get dermalogica? I spend money on my hair/makeup, but skin care has always been drugstore for me!

no, i haven't tried the BP products from PC, however, i have tried other 2.5 and 5% BP stuff, as well as 10%. The lotion from the proactive 3-step kit has 2.5% BP and I used that before, and it was pretty good. In general, if applying BP all over the face, especially daily, a lower % is recommended because it can dry out your skin. If you are thinking of maybe applying it every other day or just spot treat, you may want the 5%. I currently use 5% BP from Mary Kay (thanks jenn!), and I must say, I like it. Sometimes, I apply it all over the face at night (maybe 1-3 times/week), and sometimes just on spots. It dries out my big monsters, but it doesn't dry out my skin, and that is why I almost prefer it now to 10% BP, such as clearasil ultra vanishing or clean and clear persagel you can get at stores. So if spot treatment, 5 or 10%, if all over face daily then 2.5%. Of course, everything depends how well your skin can tolerate BP.

I really don't know how effective PC's BP products are, but I guess you can always request samples for both! Those ladies on the phone were always so friendly to me, and I didn't feel awkward requesting so much stuff. I do know that neutrogena makes a pretty decent 2.5 % cream, and the 2.5% BP from acne.org is also supposed to be one of the better ones. I, however, haven't tried neither of them. Acne.org also recommends a 2.5% BP treatment, so I guess I would go with that one.

I hope I helped! Just ask if you have ANY questions at all! :icon_love

Thanks you have helped me out so much??????????

Originally Posted by destiny no, i haven't tried the BP products from PC, however, i have tried other 2.5 and 5% BP stuff, as well as 10%. The lotion from the proactive 3-step kit has 2.5% BP and I used that before, and it was pretty good. In general, if applying BP all over the face, especially daily, a lower % is recommended because it can dry out your skin. If you are thinking of maybe applying it every other day or just spot treat, you may want the 5%. I currently use 5% BP from Mary Kay (thanks jenn!), and I must say, I like it. Sometimes, I apply it all over the face at night (maybe 1-3 times/week), and sometimes just on spots. It dries out my big monsters, but it doesn't dry out my skin, and that is why I almost prefer it now to 10% BP, such as clearasil ultra vanishing or clean and clear persagel you can get at stores. So if spot treatment, 5 or 10%, if all over face daily then 2.5%. Of course, everything depends how well your skin can tolerate BP.
I really don't know how effective PC's BP products are, but I guess you can always request samples for both! Those ladies on the phone were always so friendly to me, and I didn't feel awkward requesting so much stuff. I do know that neutrogena makes a pretty decent 2.5 % cream, and the 2.5% BP from acne.org is also supposed to be one of the better ones. I, however, haven't tried neither of them. Acne.org also recommends a 2.5% BP treatment, so I guess I would go with that one.

Whoops. I meant to put exclamation marks, not question marks
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by jennyb Thanks you have helped me out so much??????????

Does that keep your skin clear?

Originally Posted by octobersunshine Eucerin Pore Purifying Foaming Wash has worked wonders for me.
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by jennyb Does that keep your skin clear? So far it has and it is non-comedogenic and non-acnegenic. It can be a bit hard to find sometimes though.

just so you know, i took your advice on pc's skincare and marykay! i just bought the mk bp product, can't wait till it comes!!! and also, pc's skin cleanser for combo skin!!! i'm excited, but i want them right now (im so impatient). oh, and one more thing, the skin cleanser does not dry you out or leave your skin feeling super tight, right???

Originally Posted by destiny no, i haven't tried the BP products from PC, however, i have tried other 2.5 and 5% BP stuff, as well as 10%. The lotion from the proactive 3-step kit has 2.5% BP and I used that before, and it was pretty good. In general, if applying BP all over the face, especially daily, a lower % is recommended because it can dry out your skin. If you are thinking of maybe applying it every other day or just spot treat, you may want the 5%. I currently use 5% BP from Mary Kay (thanks jenn!), and I must say, I like it. Sometimes, I apply it all over the face at night (maybe 1-3 times/week), and sometimes just on spots. It dries out my big monsters, but it doesn't dry out my skin, and that is why I almost prefer it now to 10% BP, such as clearasil ultra vanishing or clean and clear persagel you can get at stores. So if spot treatment, 5 or 10%, if all over face daily then 2.5%. Of course, everything depends how well your skin can tolerate BP.

Back