Facial : is it worth it?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Girls who have been getting facials done for a long time, does it have any long term effect or have you noticed any improvement in the texture of your skin due to facials?

I've always done my own.  I think it works.  There are lots of recipes for masks of all different kinds for all different skintypes. It's not instant and will require a few applications before you notice any longer effects to your skin's texture.  Have you tried a homemade facial?

I am in the mentality of if other people can do it, I can do it myself.  If you are nervous to start, when don't you go get one and see if you like it?

I've been getting facials regularly for almost two years now, and I definitely have noticed an improvement in my skin's texture and tone. Personally, at home facials aren't sufficent. If I could do a full extraction by myself, I would.

I do mine at home, so yes they are working. The very few i've had done professionally improved my humor that day, and perhaps showed me the difference between me doing it at home on myself, and a pro doing it on my face. Truthfully, if that beauty institute wasn't so expensive, i'd always be there just for the steam machine.

it depends on what your skin type and skin issues are. If you are someone who needs to get regular extractions, you might be better off getting regular facials. You can also get those blue light treatements that decrease acne causing bacteria etc. Things like that you just can´t do at home.

When I had some money to spare I went to a dermatologist´s office where the aestheticians did microdermabrasion and a light glycolic peel. My skin felt baby soft afterwards, but in the end I can do at home microdermabrasion and chemical peels myself with the exact same results, but it costs a lot less. For me personally, standard facials are just not worth it.

I used to get regular facials when I lived in Finland and it definitely made a huge improvement in my skin. I haven't had a professional facial in years but I do facials at home sometimes. I recommend facials highly, I just don't get them done because of the cost. 

You know I really enjoy the pampering of a spa facial, but noticed that I can get the same effect at home when doing a simple lemon and sugar scrub. It's all natural and cost effective! 
smile.gif

I'm sure you would see an improvement over time if you did get them on a regular basis. I haven't had them consistently so I don't know long term. But after my facial, my skin feels a lot more smoother. If I had the money, I would definately get them done more often.

I do my own but I also sometimes go to professionals also.. The biggest difference for me is the products the pro's use. They use products that we as consumers can't buy. Professional grade masks, serums, scrubs, etc. It makes a big difference for me. I should make time for them more often come to think of it.

i've only had two facials but i think that they are worth it as long as full extractions are done

imo

Back