Fake Mac Bronzer

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm wondering if someone can help me. I just received a MAC Bronzer and I'm doubting it's authenticity. The box has the color name printed on the top, I thought the color was printed on a black sticker? The barcode is also printed on the bottom of teh box and the batch number CA1 is printed above that. The batch number on the sticker on the bottom of the product matches and in raised writing on the bottom of the packaging it says "MAKE-UP ART COSMETICS LTD".

Where did you purchase it? Do you have a picture of the underside? Some of our MAC enthusiasts and could easily confirm or deny it with a picture.

The underside of the box? I posted a bunch of pics, are they not showing up? I can see them....

It was a gift, so there's not a whole lot I can do about it if it is fake, but I sure don't want to put it on my face.

I believe MAC usually puts a sticker with the shade/color of the product on the packaging. 

That's what I thought, too. I bought this exact bronzer for my sister a few months ago and it had a sticker with the color.

It depends on the batch i think. Some batches, the name are printed on the boxes. I've encountered those names of e/s printed on boxes and they are from the MAC counter themselves.

I have some MAC blushers e.g. my Overdyed blush from Jeanius whereby the name was printed on the box like urs and the side way of the box looks exactly like urs with the batch no... I buy all my stuff from the MAC counters, so they are all authentic.

Only question is the batch no printed on the sticker...the font seems thinner than the usual MAC product batch no and too spaced out

The font of the batch no on the bronzing powder doesn't seem right some how

I would say most likely that bronzing powder is a VERY good imitation of the actual product. in Fact one can almost pass it off as real if they don't check the font of the batch number on the sticker. The font of the batch no was a giveaway. Font is too think and too widely spaced. I checked with my other MAC products. the fonts of the batch numbers where more bold and more closely spaced

Here's the below information about batch codes for MAC taken off SPECKTRA. Credit goes to Xqueeze_me

First: Letter = Batch Run
Middle: First Digit/Letter = Month
Last: Second Digit = Year

Batch Runs
A = First Run
B = Second Run
C = Third Run

Months
1 = January
2 = February
3 = March
4 = April
5 = May
6 = June
7 = July
8 = August
9 = September
A = October
B = November
C = December

(PLEASE NOTE: The month '0' does NOT exist!)

Year
The last digit normally represents the year of production.

(PLEASE NOTE: NEVER EVER purchase MAC products that are made ahead of the year you're in! For example, you're in 2007 but a 2009 batch of MAC product is already made....
th_crazy2.gif
)

Examples of batch codes:
  • AC6 - First Run in December 2006
  • C96 - Third Run in September 2006
  • A44 - First Run in April 2004

Originally Posted by Elmickdee1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The underside of the box? I posted a bunch of pics, are they not showing up? I can see them....

It was a gift, so there's not a whole lot I can do about it if it is fake, but I sure don't want to put it on my face.
Sorry they weren't showing when I saw the thread.

thanks!

She says she got it on ebay. She emailed the seller and although he insists it's real and has 99.9 feedback rating, he readily agreed to refund + return shipping but wants the bronzer shipped back to him first. What to do....

Latest posts

Back