Fake mac makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone. I want to apologize up front for what is probably going to sound like a VERY naive question. Could someone please tell me, (or direct me to the best information they know of) the ways you can tell if a product, like MAC, is fake, or the website/seller is marketing fake products? Here in Western Australia I try to buy as much as I can from department stores or makeup stores with legitimate brand counters. However there are a lot of products I can't get over here, or are MUCH cheaper (as in maybe a quarter or less the cost of the same item over here) to buy through Amazon. I am not able to get many items here due to these companies not wanting to ship fragile items such as shadows, powders etc. But that is fine and I make do. I recently ordered some lipsticks and primers through Amazon and they said that they were coming "from" Amazon and I specifically didn't order anything from other sellers (well I did order some brushes to come "from" Sigma, but I am now hoping that was a legit order). Do I assume that these are authentic products? I haven't received the shipment yet as it takes a few weeks or more to get here. I am sure that many of the other sellers are legit as well, but I hadn't heard of them, so didn't want to take the risk. Is there a listing anywhere of legitimate cosmetics sellers? Sorry about all of the questions, but I am very curious at the moment. Thank you for any information you can provide.

Hi I have bought a ton of fake Mac Eyeshadow pallettes in a auction last weekend . And they are such pretty colors . I really want to use them . I do NOT THINK THEY CONTAIN ARSENIC OR LEAD , ECT that is harmful at all . This is the INGREDIANTS on the back of the eyeshadow palletee . Can someone PLEASE TELL ME IF THESE INGREDIANTS ARE SAFE ? Here they are ~ TALC , MICA, KAOLIN, ZINE, STEARATE, MAGNESIUM CARBONATE, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, MAY CONTAIN : C.I.77491, C.I77491/2/9 , C.I77492, C.I.77499 ~ PLEASE SOMEONE LET ME KNOW IF ANY OF THESE INGREDIANTS ARE HARMFUL , DEADLY , ECT ??? Thankyou :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Lisa2244 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi I have bought a ton of fake Mac Eyeshadow pallettes in a auction last weekend . And they are such pretty colors . I really want to use them . I do NOT THINK THEY CONTAIN ARSENIC OR LEAD , ECT that is harmful at all . This is the INGREDIANTS on the back of the eyeshadow palletee . Can someone PLEASE TELL ME IF THESE INGREDIANTS ARE SAFE ? Here they are ~ TALC , MICA, KAOLIN, ZINE, STEARATE, MAGNESIUM CARBONATE, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, MAY CONTAIN : C.I.77491, C.I77491/2/9 , C.I77492, C.I.77499 ~ PLEASE SOMEONE LET ME KNOW IF ANY OF THESE INGREDIANTS ARE HARMFUL , DEADLY , ECT ??? Thankyou :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
The thing is..you're not even sure if these are the actual ingredients in your product... It's possible that they just copied the ingredients from the legit product and put it in the fake ones. 

The problem with fake (counterfeit) products is that you do NOT know if what's listed is actually in the product OR if other items are in the problems. Remember these people are LYING to you in the first place about it being a genuine item so why wouldn't they lie about the ingredients. Fakes are know to contain e-coli and other harmful bacteria as well as high lead count. (I believe it was) Inside Edition did a story once on counterfeit products and had the items sent to a lab for testing and the products came back as being dangerous to use.

Basically use at your own risk! It's better to buy legit OR drugstore items for less if it's a matter of price since you can find many drug store dupes that are MAC replicas. If it's the status of having a "MAC" item then you're just fooling yourself because you don't own MAC in the first place.

Originally Posted by Lisa2244 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Back