Fall Makeup Trends

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybelline's Dream Bouncy Blush, in Orchid Hush is a good baby step into purple blush but not what you're looking for from what you said, I just wanted to throw that out there.

Also, eyeshadow may be an easier thing to acquire. Better shade selection, lots of differences in pigmentation, just a lot of options. I think a blendable purple cream eyeshadow would look gorgeous as blush. 

Is it bad that my mind immediately went to contouring with purple? I think the right person could easily pull that off if well balanced. 
I own Orchid Hush and it looks pinky on me. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Good suggestion with the shadow!

I always contour with purple blush! It goes better with my undertones than brown or tan! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Great minds think alike.

For a purple blush I would go with one of MUFE's flash color singles. Blendable but all you need is a small dab. I use the colour Violin, but I believe it's been discontinued- they do have other purples, though.

An option for a berry-plummish powder blush is theBalm's Cabanaboy. NYX has a mosaic powder called Plummy, but I don't know how it is- I own one, but it was expired when I bought it so it smells awful.

Thanks! I have one Dream Bouncy in Plum Wine I think- Orchid Hush sounds really pretty, I'll check it out.

I love the idea of using a purple eyeshadow as blush!

Contouring with a purple blush would be cool too!

You know what I think would look wonderful this fall? A look that was on Jason Wu's Spring 2014 runway. The brown sparkle eye. God that was gorgeous! I want to try to recreate it!

small_Fustany-Beauty-Makeup_Trends_from_New_York_Fashion_Week_Spring_2014-Jason_Wu.jpg

So pretty!

Jason_Wu_runway_makeup_tutorial_Lancome.jpg

Here's a tutorial- it seems like it'd be rather simple. I just need to get my hands on some gold glitter.

Also, how pretty is this? Oh my gosh!!!!!

makeup-madness-83.jpg

That looks so lovely and reminds me of autumn with the addition of the warm orange on top.

188effa972bb0790e975d9530992fa91.jpg

I like this hairstyle for Fall.

8d23fcda06e0d8c3b59317a28ae6fa33.jpg

I love this high shine jelly raincoat in deep green.
Thanks! I have one Dream Bouncy in Plum Wine I think- Orchid Hush sounds really pretty, I'll check it out.

I love the idea of using a purple eyeshadow as blush!

Contouring with a purple blush would be cool too!

You know what I think would look wonderful this fall? A look that was on Jason Wu's Spring 2014 runway. The brown sparkle eye. God that was gorgeous! I want to try to recreate it!

small_Fustany-Beauty-Makeup_Trends_from_New_York_Fashion_Week_Spring_2014-Jason_Wu.jpg

So pretty!

Jason_Wu_runway_makeup_tutorial_Lancome.jpg

Here's a tutorial- it seems like it'd be rather simple. I just need to get my hands on some gold glitter.

Also, how pretty is this? Oh my gosh!!!!!

makeup-madness-83.jpg

That looks so lovely and reminds me of autumn with the addition of the warm orange on top.

188effa972bb0790e975d9530992fa91.jpg

I like this hairstyle for Fall.

8d23fcda06e0d8c3b59317a28ae6fa33.jpg

I love this high shine jelly raincoat in deep green.
Oh snap! I have that same eyeshadow kit from Lancome that Maryam is using in the eye tutorial. I just need a brown eyeliner. I'm gonna have to try it out and post it later.

Bring out the Blazers, Hats, Boots and Scarves!!! I think these fashion must-haves come out every fall. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> As for the make-up, I think you can never go wrong with nude or dark lipsticks. You just have to know if it suits what you're wearing or not. Also you need a moisturizer/Foundation so your skin won't get wind-burned :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Fall Colors like Orange, Yellow and Red are in too! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> @@mybeautifulstyle

If you want to rock a super glam fall look using Mac Rebel and beautiful autumn-toned shadows, check out my YouTube tutorial. So great for a Friday night date or a shopping trip with friends. All the product details are listed in the description box. Let me know what you guys think! What fall makeup trends are you loving this season? xoxo.

-Mehry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlBkqmBjh-k

I didn't get into makeup until last winter, so this will be my first time doing fall makeup! I'm excited to try out some darker lip colors. I don't know if I'll be able to pull them off, but I love the idea of plum/berry/vampier lips.
Me too - I started getting into makeup this spring, so I've been kind of sitting back and reading about the Holiday collections and how to swap your makeup kit and skin care routines out gradually and make them more fall friendly, etc.  I"ve also been listening to other posters talk about comparisons and alternatives, and learning about indie products...seriously there is so much to see, buy, sample, smell...etc.  I thought I made out like a bandit when I shopped til I dropped over Labor Day weekend because there were so many bonus gifts and free shipping sites!  I bought so much...and then I realized that make up is like everything else - cyclical!  And makeup is a part of shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday, then there's bonus days and extra coupons etc.  So now that I know about other goodies on top of goodies...I'm holding out for a huge bargain shopping trip! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Ok well after I get my foundation that I need.  And that red sparkly nail polish that IS NOT the same color as the other three red sparkly nail polishes I have.  And I don't have any purples that even come close to the purple in my cart...and those two red matte lipsticks but HELLO??  I can't wear a glossy red lipstick when I want the matte look and the ones I have are all glossy so these shouldn't even count to begin with.  Not to mention I have a problem with certain lipsticks making my teeth look really yellow, and since I don't know if either of these will do that, I have to try them both. No way around it.  And I'm only getting the blush palette because everyone says that one sells out.  But these aren't shopping because its a bargain time, I'm bored time, I need to have all the palettes time or fill-in-the-blank-time...these are necessities.  There's a difference.     :smilehappyyes:

I never really follow the proper "trends", just go for purple everything and gold on my eyes  :rolleyes: also find I go a little heavier with makeup in general when the weather starts cooling down. Does anyone else find that?

I never really follow the proper "trends", just go for purple everything and gold on my eyes  :rolleyes: also find I go a little heavier with makeup in general when the weather starts cooling down. Does anyone else find that?
I don't really follow trends either.  I mean, I do what I like for Fall, which is usually more harvest/deep jewel colors. But I do feel better about going heavier with my makeup because I won't sweat it off, heheh! Gold on the eyes sounds pretty!

And makeup is a part of shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday, then there's bonus days and extra coupons etc.  So now that I know about other goodies on top of goodies...I'm holding out for a huge bargain shopping trip! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I'm also trying to hold off until the super good holiday bargains!

So, I got the Lorac Mega Pro and I think some of those shades will be awesome for Fall. Especially Mulberry.

Anyone else have any other Fall trends they want to try? Or any Fall looks to share?

To me, the most exciting thing about fall makeup is dark lipstick. I really love vampy looks. Also, I appreciate more satiny skin, since I'm not really into the dewy trend. I also want to try using more taupes and purples on my eyes, I think this trend looks really pretty

Back