Fashion Advice 101

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If you could offer a victim of fashion one piece of advice, what would it be?

My advice:

Simplicity is best.
smile.gif

Actually I know a friend of mines who has no fashion sense at all and I constantly nag her about dressing a lil' betta. Oh well... I guess some ppl. just won't listen...

Originally Posted by BeautifullyMADE /img/forum/go_quote.gif If you could offer a victim of fashion one piece of advice, what would it be? It might sound snide, but...
Wear what you like.

I guess it depends on the person what I would say to them.

What works on some people may not work on others (fashion-wise).

It is good to wear things that are flattering for your body's shape. (THIS INCLUDES BRAS! Find one that fits properly, it can make SUCH a difference.)

I would tell people to invest in a 10 dollar full-length mirror. They work wonders.

Originally Posted by kristinaah /img/forum/go_quote.gif It is good to wear things that are flattering for your body's shape. (THIS INCLUDES BRAS! Find one that fits properly, it can make SUCH a difference.) This is so right, so many people walk around with the wrong size Bra on
10.gif
there are lots of big Fashion Houses that will measure you for free, so theres no excuse for it.

Originally Posted by Mares /img/forum/go_quote.gif Take a really good look in the Mirror
lol.gif
That's a good one!

Originally Posted by AngelaGM /img/forum/go_quote.gif Try a personal shopper. I might be doing that soon myself! Can I apply for the job? lol
smile.gif
Personal shoppers can be expensive, why not post your "wardrobe problems" on MUT? Let us help ya out...
vogel.gif

I have to agree with Bras that fit properly!!

I actually had a lady in the store not to long ago.. she's been buying size 42D-DD.. It was all she could find in the past..

I fit her into a size 36H, and omg it made such a huge difference in her figure and posture and everything!!

When she left she was all excited to buy a whole new wardrobe in a smaller size!

A proper bra does wonders! (and it doesn't have to be an ugly granny hammock.. lol)

Originally Posted by LilDee /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have to agree with Bras that fit properly!!
I actually had a lady in the store not to long ago.. she's been buying size 42D-DD.. It was all she could find in the past..

I fit her into a size 36H, and omg it made such a huge difference in her figure and posture and everything!!

When she left she was all excited to buy a whole new wardrobe in a smaller size!

A proper bra does wonders! (and it doesn't have to be an ugly granny hammock.. lol)

`Oh man, I feel for that lady. I used to wear a 32 D for a couple of years, because that was all I could find, but it didn't fit at all. Only recently did we get a new lingerie store around here, and I got fitted, and I'm actually a 26/28 F! So you can imagine how ill-fitting my old bras were. I had a really bad double-boob effect, and the band was way too loose.

Honestly, a good fitting bra makes everything look so much better - both boobs and clothes.

a good bra, ur breasts should sit about 4inchs below ur shoulders.

know ur body shape and what flatters it.

be open minded but know what u can and cannot pull off.

just because it looks good on another doesn't mean it will on u.

and a personal one of mine is to stay away from logos/solgans i think sometimes less is more and those types of things can be tacky. =)

i'd say don't follow fashion trends unless you would have worn it anyway. don't wear something just because its in fashion wear it because you like it =]

When wearing white, don't wear a white bra! You can always see it. Wear a bra similar to your skin color and it won't be seen. I hate it when I can see a whole white outline of a bra.

Don't buy cloths that don't fit you correctly.

I know too many women that insist on buying cloths that they know are too small for them, but yet they continue to wear these cloths because they don't want to come to the conclusion that they've gained weight. But what they don't realize is that wearing cloths that are too small on them actually makes them look bigger, it accentuates their bulges.

I'd also say dress your age, some older woman dress like teenagers and its often not a good look.

Latest posts

Back