Fashion Ideas?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am attending a 3 day seminar this coming December and we need to dress appropriately depending on the theme. This seminar is more on socializing with people. Nevertheless, we will have different activities. I anticipate bringing a different kinds of clothing, just in case.

Therefore I need your suggestions:

1. Maybe we will dress "looking professional" "working woman" ?

What kind of clothes do I need?

2. In preparation for side trips..

Summer wear???

Others?? Any shops or online shops would you recommend?? thanks a lot guys,,..

I just want to be fashionable with this kind of activity.... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

While there are no rules in fashion, there are rules for fashion in the workplace. A few basic guidelines for business formal dressing include the following:

1. Wear colors based on a neutral color palette (black, navy, cream, charcoal or grey). Unfortunately lime green and bright pink won’t cut it in the boardroom.
  2. Avoid gaudy accessories. Think simple, sleek and chic.
  3. All suits and skirts should be tailored to fit close to the body (but not tight). Skirts should hit at the knee or below. And blouses should be conservative, freshly pressed and always tucked in.
  4. Wear scuff-free heels or flats in a neutral color. If you go for the heels, don’t wear anything higher than 3 or 4 inches.It would not be okay.
  5. Hair and makeup should be groomed, neat, and simple. I think the Ballerina Bun is the  perfect hairstyle for any female powerhouse. It’s feminine, yet strikingly authoritative.

You can try-

1. Try cropped trousers paired with a sharp blazer. These tapered pants from Topshop are perfection for achieving this updated look.
  2. Swap out your basic blazer for a lightly accented jacket à la Dolce & Gabbana fall 2011 or simply scrunch up your sleeves for a cooler and more modern vibe. This Rouched Sleeve Blazer from Urban Outfitters is a great option.
  3. Instead of wearing a matching two-piece suit, mix it up and wear a black blazer with a charcoal or burgundy
    pencil skirt or pant. As long as your colors are subdued, you should have the freedom to mix it up a bit. Traditionalists may argue that matching sets are a must, but let’s be honest here, there’s a new wave of professional women and times have changed. If you're really daring, throw in a few punchy colors here and there...
  4. Cinch your waist with a thin, colored belt. It’s an easy way to add a fashionable pop to an otherwise basic or drab office outfit. J.Crew has a lovely assortment of skinny belts.
  5. Swap out your pencil skirt for a high-waisted A-line skirt. The Tiered A-Line Skirt I designed for my LC Lauren Conrad collection is the perfect alternative to a traditional pencil skirt.

Btw Doris Allen. Thank you for your effort replying to this Thread. It's a great help.

O have few questions because I know you are the right person who can answer this.

During our first day, I will wear a trouser and a plain blouse because we will be having our presentation. I need to look decently. Right? As what you have said, either flats or high heels. So, which is better? I am 5'3 high. Which looks better during our presentation??

In our second day, I opt for suit skirt and a blouse. A floral one. ^^

In the Last day of the seminar, I need to look fashionable enough to be noticed by judges because there's a price to an employee who have the best outfit "Professional look". In this case, I NEED YOU! What's Best??? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi,

You mentioned online shop, try visiting http://rhodasbeauty.com I think it can help you especially in accessories for your coming seminar. I really hoped they can help you as much as they helped me. 
icon_smile.gif

Oh Hi! Leida Hedden. I just saw their products and its awesome. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Love those stuffs. Do you know site who sells casual clothing? I just need the best one.

Thank you thank you a lot dear. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by NathalieBrown /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Btw Doris Allen. Thank you for your effort replying to this Thread. It's a great help.

O have few questions because I know you are the right person who can answer this.

During our first day, I will wear a trouser and a plain blouse because we will be having our presentation. I need to look decently. Right? As what you have said, either flats or high heels. So, which is better? I am 5'3 high. Which looks better during our presentation??

In our second day, I opt for suit skirt and a blouse. A floral one. ^^

In the Last day of the seminar, I need to look fashionable enough to be noticed by judges because there's a price to an employee who have the best outfit "Professional look". In this case, I NEED YOU! What's Best??? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Hey,

Thanks for giving me such value. I think you should wear heals It look better with formals. But be sure that you are comfortable with those. You can try Platforms. They will be comfortable plus your personality will look better. An extra tip I wanna give you that if you have long hairs, straight them and make a pony tail with half puff.

For the last day I wanna suggest you that to make others feel like you look great you, yourself should feel that so make sure that whatever you wear you be comfortable with it. If you need any help again I am here.All the very best!!

You deserve it Allen. Your kinda fashionable enough to suggest the best pair of outfits. I've been preparing it earlier so that I will not forget something. I just found out this one Allen - I think they are selling casual clothes its http://www.lucyalice.co.uk

What do you think? I know you can weight this things. I saw there collections and it seems like I have some of their products that I needed. Hmmm? Thank you for your kind heart to help Allen. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You deserve it Allen. Your kinda fashionable enough to suggest the best pair of outfits. I've been preparing it earlier so that I will not forget something. I just found out this one Allen - I think they are selling casual clothes its http://www.lucyalice.co.uk

What do you think? I know you can weight this things. I saw there collections and it seems like I have some of their products that I needed. Hmmm? Thank you for your kind heart to help Allen. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
 have visited the site Yes lady you found it this is a nice website and you will definitely get something good here. All the best!!!

Oh! Thank you so much dear. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I am planning to purchase one in that site. Yes, as what you have said. ALL THE BEST!
Welcome dear tell me after your seminar how it gone!!!

We can get a lot new ideas and information about fashion on internet. I am also highly founded of owning of fashionable things but in this era where the people always preferred to designers'  collection. You can see a lot of famous brands related to different  designers are highly demanded like people have a craze about their outfits, footwear, and even other fashion accessories.

Latest posts

Back