Father-In-Law: Boycott Winehouse Albums

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
AmyWinehouse_150.jpg
© Retna

Amy Winehouse

Father-In-Law: Boycott Winehouse Albums

Aug 28, 7:55 AM EST

The Associated Press

London -- Amy Winehouse's father-in law says fans should stop buying her records to force the singer to seek help for what he called a drug addiction.

Giles Fielder-Civil said he believed Winehouse and his son, Blake Fielder-Civil, had used cocaine, crack cocaine and heroin and were in "abject denial" about their problem.

"I think they believe they are recreational users of drugs and they are in control," Fielder-Civil told British Broadcasting Corp. radio Tuesday. "Clearly they are addicts."

He said fans should send a message to Winehouse "that her addiction and her behavior are not acceptable."

"Perhaps it is time to stop buying records," Fielder-Civil said. "It's a possibility, to send that message."

However, Winehouse's father said a boycott would do little good.

"It's all clutching at straws," Mitch Winehouse told the BBC. "There's only one way out of this, and anybody with any drug experience will tell you ... that the only way out of this is not sectioning them, not locking them up. At some point they are going to reach rock bottom ... and at that point they will say, `Listen, I don't want to do this anymore.'"

Giles Fielder-Civil said Winehouse's record label should be more "pro-active in helping the couple to get better."

Island Records couldn't immediately be reached for comment.

Winehouse, 23, has built her reputation on a soulful voice and a hard-partying image. Her most recent album, "Back to Black," topped the British charts and produced the hit single "Rehab."

Concern for her health has grown since Winehouse was taken to a hospital earlier this month for "severe exhaustion" and spent a short stint in a rehab facility.

She has since canceled a series of British concerts and postponed a tour of the U.S. and Canada.

Last week, newspaper pictures showed Winehouse and Blake Fielder-Civil bloody and bruised, apparently after a fight in a London hotel.

Gossip Web site perezhilton.com said it had received text messages from Winehouse denying Fielder-Civil was responsible for her injuries.

Father-In-Law: Boycott Winehouse Albums - MSN Music News

Gosh, I really like Amy before all the drugs ruined her looks. She used to be so pretty with her unconventional looks and more filled out. Her and her hubby's drug habit is just sad, sad, sad.

I dont see how a boycott would do much. I agree with her father, they need to hit rock bottom. Although it seems she has, she just overdosed, and both of them are scratched, beat up, and have blood all over their clothes from the fight, or whatever it was. I know a guy who said "your bottom is when you stop digging." Hopefully she reaches it and gets help before she is dead.

Latest posts

Back