Favorite cleanser?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey ladies (and dudes)

I have two exfoliating/scrubby cleansers (one is Skinceuticles and the other is Suki exfoliating scrub) but I want something that's more gentle to add to my arsenal of beauty supplies. What's your favorite?

I like the Microdelivery wash by Philosophy. It's pretty gentle, but you can feel the little "gritties" or whatever they called sloughing away. 

For exfoliating, dermalogica daily microfoliant. It's very gentle, but since I started using it regularly, my skin looks better than ever! 

I like Dr. Dennis Gross All-in-One Cleanser, it's pretty gentle and removes dirt and makeup quite well.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For exfoliating, dermalogica daily microfoliant. It's very gentle, but since I started using it regularly, my skin looks better than ever! 
I have a pretty decent sized sample and have yet to try it, I may have to dig it out. I've been using the Shea Terra Rose Hips and Black soap, but if I use it more than 1x a week, it irritates my skin. 
frown.gif

I currently use the Cetaphil cleanser. I've been meaning to try out the Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant for some time now, but I keep putting it off!

Forgot to add, if we're talking regular cleansers, I'm a huge fan of Philosophy Purity Made Simple, of which I have the regular and oil version (makeup removal, then follow with normal cleanser). I'm also in love with the Boscia cleansers, of which I currently have the Clear Complexion and Purifying Cleansing gel. With all of those, a little goes a long way, they're all low/no foaming, and super gentle.

Right now I'm really into the Aveeno Calming line. The foaming cleanser is really mild and leaves my skin feeling clean but not dry. They also have face wipes for when you're on the go.

Originally Posted by lovelywhim /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I currently use the Cetaphil cleanser. I've been meaning to try out the Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant for some time now, but I keep putting it off!
I have the cetaphil and I love it, it smells clean and is very gentle, not too drying. Perfect for oily/combo skin

Okay, this will sound crazy.. but Dove beauty bar. Seriously, I'll use the best moisturizers, serums, masks, and exfoliators that I can find, but when it comes to WASHING my face, nothing does a better job and doesn't strip my face of it's natural moisture better than Dove beauty bar. I've used shea, sensitive, exfoliating, and white. They're all really fantastic, but I think their shea one is the best. 

For exfoliating I use a facial glove and cleanse with Cerave foaming facial cleanser. Swear by that stuff.

I've been using the neutrogena face bar soap, I love that stuff and for 2.50 i think it does a pretty good job!

I know that people don't generally love Clinique skin care and I don't generally, but I LOVE the Acne Foaming Cleanser and the Acne "Lotion"...I could not use products with Salicylic Acid previously but this one is gentle enough even to use on my eyes and I follow it up with the liquid "lotion/toner", the acne clearing lotion just on my cheeks, and then the Even Better Clinical Serum just on my cheeks. This routine has drastically improved my skin and even though I am trying other skin care products right now, these will stay in my rotation. I love them!!

I use the Aquamoist Vitamin C cleanser and it works great for my skin.

For an exfoliator, I like to use Avalon Organics Exfoliating Enzyme Scrub in Lavender or Dr. Young Anti-Dryness Sugar and Cereal Scrub. I use the second one sparingly because it is freaking expensive! But the immediate effect is amazing.

I use Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel. I've used it for a couple of years now and I like it better than anything I've ever used. I really like that it doesn't strip my skin and leave it feelin dry. It's gentle but effective. I could totally go without putting moisturizer on after using and my face doesn't get tight/ashy.

Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser is my favorite right now! I have super acne prone/sensitive skin and it does nothing at all to irritate it, which I love. I always end up switching around cleansers and trying new things though!

If you have acne prone skin you should use "Cleanse" by aleavia, its the best make up remover for sensitive skin and its great for controlling acne, i actually use it to clean my face before i put on my make up so that i have a protective layer to protect my skin through the day, i just let it dry in so its on top of my skin.  I have been outbreak free now for a month.  I also use it at night to wash my makeup off lol.  

Latest posts

Back