Favorite "ethnic" food?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My parents were not born in this country so I was raised with a Hungarian and German and Swedish influence, so my tastes are totally European! Some of the ethnic foods I love: Chicken Paprikash (Paprika chicken). Hungarian egg soup, Hungarian Goulash. Knäckebröd (Swedish flatbread) with cheese and butter! I also love Goose liver pate from my hometowns local German Deli, Kielbasa, sauerkraut, Kolache bread, Beigli bread, oh and Hungarian salami and Hungarian Palacsinta (crepes) mmmmm. lol. I also like a lot of other foods, like French food, I love their baguettes and I love the cheese especially brie and bourgogne. There is also an Austrian bakery in my hometown that makes a lot of great pastries and special cakes.

This post has made me hungry now! GRRR LOL

chinese and Peruvian cuisine are great! Love the food
smile.gif

African food (of course) and then Indian. I like my food spicy so anything else wont do. I frequent Chinese restaurants but thats out of habit.

I'll just choose favorite foods from each ethnic group that I can think of

For chinese food, my favorite is a good General Tso's chicken, but I've been introduced to the honey walnut shrimp recently and it's fabulous. Always with hot and sour soup.

Thai: green curry and tom yum kai soup

Greek: dolmas are my favorite

Korean: neng myun - ice cold buckwheat noodle soup, so fabulous on a hot summer day

japanese: poke ball (like rice with sauce and sashimi pieces mixed in -- easier to eat than a huge mouthfull roll but just as much flavor)

edit: omg I almost forgot. Shabu-shabu...that overcomes sushi anyday. so freaking good. with the secret devil hot oil drops, sooo freaking mouth burning sinus clearing good

American: almost anything with hollandaise sauce (eggs benedict sooo good) or a good batch of seasoned fries with a side of ranch dressing

Mexican: erm...anything I can get with tequila...margaritas, enchiladas, tamales, chips and salsa...everything tastes nearly the same so it's all good for me.

Never got into indian food the couple of times I've tried it, and I am not really familiar with ethnic european foods.

african, closest I've come to is sweet fried plantains, but they are sooo good

I love, love, love chinese food!!! The spicier the better. I also love mexican food.

Sushi!!!! It's my favorite food, period. I love it!!!

I'm curious now... what does english food consist of?

Back