Favorite FACE Sunscreen

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey! I used to use clarins sunscreen on my face, then I switched to Peter Thomas Roth and recently I tried his powder sunscreen for the face and I love it..not shiny at all, obviously!

Envert Outdoor protector SPF 40 - Dicilla Japanese skin care.

I love it, been using it for 2 years now.

aaaaaa.gif

My new fave, Dri-Blok Sport SPF30 Lotion by Banana Boat - completely dry. I used it for a week at the beach - not a single blemish, not as much as a pink hue. It's probably best for just us oily gals, and it may be a bit drying come winter, but in the meantime, HG. My only complaint - wish it were completely fragrance free, although within 2 or 3 minutes you can't tell anymore. Here is what their website says:

NEW!
aaaaaa.gif
Dri-Blok Sport SPF 30 Lotion

Your Grip won’t Slip
aaaaaa.gif

Created with Powder-Dri™ technology, Banana Boat® Dri-Blok Sport SPF 30 goes on like a lotion, but dries like a powder so whether you’re out on the links, serving up aces, or volleying on the beach, your grip won’t slip.

aaaaaa.gif
Advanced AvoTriplexâ„¢ UVA/UVB Photostable protection

Very water and sweat resistant

Super light, clean feel

Dries fast

Clean fresh scent

Also available in Kids SPF 30

6 fl oz bottle

Sheseido Extra Smooth Sun Protection Cream SPF36 PA+++

It's moisturizing but not greasy.

I really love the Borba Pomegranet Facial Moisturizer. It's hard to find though...

shiseido face cream sunblock spf 55 if I want something water resistant. Also, I heard sofina is very good. It's light and silky feeling..good for normal day use. hth.

Where can I find dermalogica other than online or in spas/salons. I really want to give it a try before I actually buy it & the spas/salons that are in my area do not have samples that they allow you to use. Can you find it a sephora or nordstrom?

I have 2:

Aven Fluide Extreme SPF 50+/PPD 20 (semi-matte finish, not oily)

SVR 50 (gives a nice subtle tint and I don't need foundation or concealer)

Both are European, $$$, and difficult to find, but I'm more than willing to do it to protect my face.

Clinique SuperCity spf 25. I like that it's slightly tinted, and I can put this on, brush on a little powder, and I'm gone.

Also, my derm highly recommends Blue Lizard, but it's got to rubbed rubbed rubbed in, and I just can't rub that much with my face (it's outstanding everywhere else though).

I use one by Sunsense and another by Olay. Love the smell and texture, and I think it's reasonably protective.

Back