Favorite loose powder brand?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by wongy74 Me too! I like the Gentle Light Loose Powder also.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I've been tempted to try that but haven't yet. I'm afraid it won't handle my incredible oiliness. I should just get it because my mom would definitely use it if it ended up not working for me. Yet another item to add to my shopping list!

I'm pretty oily and it works for me. The shimmer is very subtle IMO. Don't use any of the cream or liquid products from the Gentle Light line though (or any of the shimmer sunblocks) because those are more obvious IMO and makes you look oiler.

Originally Posted by spazbaby I've been tempted to try that but haven't yet. I'm afraid it won't handle my incredible oiliness. I should just get it because my mom would definitely use it if it ended up not working for me. Yet another item to add to my shopping list!

Originally Posted by wongy74 I'm pretty oily and it works for me. The shimmer is very subtle IMO. Don't use any of the cream or liquid products from the Gentle Light line though (or any of the shimmer sunblocks) because those are more obvious IMO and makes you look oiler. Now I want some Gentle Light powder! It'll have to wait til my next paycheck. I've tested the shimmer sunblock...didn't thrill me so I didn't buy it. It makes sense that it would emphasize oiliness though.

oh, I have to put in a plug for my favorite mu product ever -- Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder! Before I tried this I had tried several loose powders, both department store and drugstore brands, and since they all seemed the same I figured I might as well try this CG powder since it was only $5. This stuff is awesome! Normally my oily face is shiny only 2-3 hours after I wash it regardless of my mu; with this powder it's completely matte after 3 hours and barely shiny at the end of the day with no touch-ups! Plus, at the end of the day my face doesn't even feel oily like it does with other powders or even with no mu.... I don't know how it does it, I guess it just magically soaks up the oil???

Now if all you want to do is set your mu, I haven't really noticed a difference with any of the powders I've tried. They all seemed to work equally good used with foundation as an eye makeup primer, and they all seem to set my foundation and concealor pretty well, although the natural oils from my skin can mess up my face mu by the end of the day when I'm not using the CG...

Back