February 2019

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just deleted my Yves Rocher online account. Yves Rocher is a mail order beauty house I've shopped with since 1991. I've always loved it. They have a credit plan. If you log in through their newsletter, they will give you one month credit, and charge your card on a future date. Also, if you spend $45.00 you get an extra free gift. Because of this, I will sometimes make a large order and then have a debt to them. This makes me stressed. In the 1990's, this seemed like a good deal. They used to have three months free credit, and you got a lot more for your $45.00 in those days. I am getting my pay in the morning, and I have a $37.00 payment due to them - I can't wait until it is paid off. I hate waiting for it to clear. 

Last night I was going to make another credit order with them. Every month they have a new promo. They had a pretty pink cleansing gel with matching pink clay konjac sponge, and free pink beauty case. I wanted to order really badly. My order total was going to be $48.00. But my order was declined. I had just spent my last dollar buying a powder puff from AliExpress. Maybe there was a security hold on my card, I thought. I called my bank at 3:30 in the morning. Turns out they were trying to charge the $1.00 pre auth fee, and I did not have $1.00 in the account. Now I see the bank has charged me a $2.00 "Point of Sale Denial Fee" and I am overdrawn now. I will probably have a $35.00 overdraft fee again. I am sickened with myself. 

So I deleted my account from Yves Rocher. Of course I've done this before, then set up a new account. It's hard to let go of them, but I have tons and tons of their products in my stash already. I must have over ten of their shower gels. So their account is deleted. I will not be ordering and getting another bill to stress over - when the one I have clears, I'll be free. It's hard to turn away from the pretty pink cleanser, konjac sponge, and bag though. I have to stay away from credit plans.

Back