Fireproof Safes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We bought a fireproof safe this weekend... With all the fires in California my wife read about someone saving all their important documents with one bought the day before their house went up in smoke.. So we went to Kmart and for $50 bought a .62 cuft Honeywell.. Fireproof and water proof..

Holds standard letter sized file folders and is good for 30 minutes at 1550 degrees.. I used to keep all my important documents at work figuring that with the fire protection system that nothing would ever happen but my wife brought up the fact that what if something happed to me then how could she get to them quickly.. Plan to put some photos and some digital data in there also..

And its waterproof too.. Would be great in flood prone areas.. Its so water tight that the instruction papers inside were wet.. Must have been made on a humid day.. And the trapped moisture soaked the instruction papers.. Lol

So anyone else own a fireproof safe? For $50 its a really cheap insurance policy for your important papers!! Imho..

Karren

no. but I have a safe deposit box. Nothing exciting in there though, just use it when we are off in the field for long periods of time.

I have a really big gunsafe that I keep...guns and important papers in. Always a good idea to keep your important papers safe.

Latest posts

Back