Fixing Mangled Makeup Brush?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Hoping someone could help me out. I have a thin, somewhat pointed natural hair eyeliner brush that I love. Anyway, I packed it in a makeup bag and it got bent, so now the point is bent to one side. Any idea how to "set" it back to being straight?

I love this brush and would love to save it! Thanks
smile.gif

Cass

Hmm... try washing it then putting a heavy book on top of it while its wet and leave it there to dry. It should dry flat
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by CassBH Hey everyone! Hoping someone could help me out. I have a thin, somewhat pointed natural hair eyeliner brush that I love. Anyway, I packed it in a makeup bag and it got bent, so now the point is bent to one side. Any idea how to "set" it back to being straight?
I love this brush and would love to save it! Thanks
smile.gif

Cass

Try washing it with a really gentle shampoo(like baby shampoo or even a natural non-soap cleanser) and then using a light conditioner. After rinsing it, straighten out the hairs with your fingers and let it dry standing up. I do this with my natural hair brushes about once a week...even ones I thought I smashed are ok.

Back