flaky skin

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
OK so I wash, and moisturize day and night. I exfoliate 2 days a week and QHMJ mask as needed. The problem is last night I exfoliated with a scrub and afterward I moisturized and I still had a lot of flakes in between brows and on bridge of nose. The only thing that helped was my Clinique #2 clarifying toner and then I re-moisturized. Does anyone else have this problem? Should I exfoliate more often? I use very simple skincare and have pretty decent skin.

Erica

Liz

Reaction score
it seems like you should exfoliate more to get the dry skin off, but it depends on if you're skin is dry or not. i get flakey skin and i just slather on the moisturizer! i use biotherm's age fitness which is really thick and creamy, but it gets the dryness down.

Reaction score
OH Ok thanks to both of you..maybe I will start using toner daily so I might get the mild clarifying one so it doesn't sting. I need to look for a heavier moisturizer..right now I'm using Mary Kay Timewise because it moisturizes well without oil in it.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by erica_1020 OH Ok thanks to both of you..maybe I will start using toner daily so I might get the mild clarifying one so it doesn't sting. I need to look for a heavier moisturizer..right now I'm using Mary Kay Timewise because it moisturizes well without oil in it. Erica, I think its the Clinique toner. All of their toners contain some form of alcohol which will only exaberate your dryness and flakes. I would experiment by NOT USING any toner just to see what happens.

Reaction score
whenever i have a patch of flaky skin, i put some rosebud salve stuff on it at night, and by the second night it's gone. i swear it works, at least if you just have a small area of flaky skin

Reaction score
try using an oil free moisturizer. and a clay mask on the t zone. skip the clinique toner, it's too strong for your skin. if you want to exfoliate every day try dermalogica daily micro exfoliant . if you use a grainy exfoliant, only use it 2-3 times a week . every other day. please step away from this toner even the mild one. i am also nc45 and c 7

Originally Posted by erica_1020 OK so I wash, and moisturize day and night. I exfoliate 2 days a week and QHMJ mask as needed. The problem is last night I exfoliated with a scrub and afterward I moisturized and I still had a lot of flakes in between brows and on bridge of nose. The only thing that helped was my Clinique #2 clarifying toner and then I re-moisturized. Does anyone else have this problem? Should I exfoliate more often? I use very simple skincare and have pretty decent skin.Erica

Latest posts