For those who saw Sarah Palin's Speech: How did she do?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Darla_G /img/forum/go_quote.gif Shaundra your forgetting i'm a registered Republican and i thought i was ok, but just that. And I'm a registered Democrat and loved it! Go figure, huh, Darla_G?

Originally Posted by Darla_G /img/forum/go_quote.gif Shaundra your forgetting i'm a registered Republican and i thought i was ok, but just that. That's why I said "pretty much". There are only two votes that are not on the far ends of the spectrum.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by cindyks625 /img/forum/go_quote.gif And I'm a registered Democrat and loved it! Go figure, huh, Darla_G? so in your case is it more you don't like Obama or that the Palin factor changes things?

I've never connected to Obama and I was a pissed off Hillary supporter/contributor. But in the time since Hillary opted out, I assessed what was important to me - lower taxes, energy solutions, and national security and have come to respect John McCain. I decided I would vote for him before the Sarah Palin addition to the ticket, and this is just buttercream frosting on the cake! I love a strong woman, and although very different from Hillary in both life experiences and policy, she is none the less a force that I want fighting for me.

She wouldn't be where she is now if she wasn't good at giving speeches. So yeah it was a good one, but not much substance, just her working the crowd.

And all I could think while watching, was that Tina Fey from SNL fame could probably do a pretty funny impersonation of her.

Looking forward to the debates

I didn't really like her speech, but I like her a lot as a person. I don't really understand why he chose her though... I think his choice was solely based on her being a woman.

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I didn't really like her speech, but I like her a lot as a person. I don't really understand why he chose her though... I think his choice was solely based on her being a woman. i agree with this. Almost like Sarah Palin might be a suitable replacement for those that wanted Hilary. except maybe a lot less outspoken and obnoxious. (jk Hilary i love you)
I don't think McCain would have selected a woman if (if you're being perfect honest here) the race had been against anyone else besides Obama and also because there was such a strong showing by Clinton.

In general it was a good speech but I still know nothing about her and what she will bring to the ticket. Half of the speech was the same as the speech she gave the Friday before and the other half was just picking at Obama.

I cant wait for the VP debate.

Originally Posted by cindyks625 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hillary supporter/contributor. I'm trying to understand your need to keep repeating that statement...

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif In general it was a good speech but I still know nothing about her and what she will bring to the ticket. Half of the speech was the same as the speech she gave the Friday before and the other half was just picking at Obama.
I cant wait for the VP debate.

Oh, the VP debate should be interesting, as well as the Presidential one.

I'm all psyched and looking forward to it(maybe I should start another thread about this).

i was just thinking how this was pretty exciting because what an unknown with Sara Palin was.

I dunno i listened last night to McCain and i thought his speech and his delivery were a little dull. You could have easily substituted Bush in there from 4 years ago and the content could have been the same except. Not to say the Obama speech was so stellar. For being such a big orator i didn't think his speech had a lot of impact.

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm trying to understand your need to keep repeating that statement... For the same reason that a lifelong Republican that was choosing to vote for Obama over McCain might want to make a point over the fact that they had been a lifelong Republican.
To show that the candidate that they are now choosing to vote for has made an impression on them and that they are voting for that person based on something a lot more important than just voting along party lines.

Originally Posted by raedeekae83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh, the VP debate should be interesting, as well as the Presidential one.I'm all psyched and looking forward to it(maybe I should start another thread about this).

I agree! I can't wait to see either. And start that thread. I would love to see the discussion !! Do it, do it! lol

Originally Posted by Darla_G /img/forum/go_quote.gif i was just thinking how this was pretty exciting because what an unknown with Sara Palin was.
I dunno i listened last night to McCain and i thought his speech and his delivery were a little dull. You could have easily substituted Bush in there from 4 years ago and the content could have been the same except. Not to say the Obama speech was so stellar. For being such a big orator i didn't think his speech had a lot of impact.

You know, I appreciated his speech too. And I like the fact that he wasn't a forthright antagonist, which is a good move after last night's pitbull. I guess they're doing the good-cop/bad-cop thing. But honestly, nobody's speeches really had that much substance to them... That's why I guess we hafta wait for the debates and HOPE they'll cover a little more ground...

Back