Forever 21 = Forever Copying?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww I still loooove forever 21 ! They have pieces that mimick other designer's stuff but not completely
smile.gif
And it gives girls who wanna shell out less money for cute looks a chance haha.

I just wonder why the coppies are generally of poorer quality. I mean the origonals usually make massive margins on a new design. The cost in manufacturing terms between a shoddy made item against a well made item is minimal per item (excepting the materials,I'm talking workmanship). But it is often the case the copy will fall apart sooner, but it does not have to be that way. Does anyone know what im trying to say? lol

I was just watching E! and they were showing straight off the Oscar dress replicas.

Some form or another, every design is replicated. People complain about not purchasing fake handbags because it does disservice to the original designer - when they're wearing replicated clothes from the same designer. So obviously, I see no wrong in F21 doing this. You're paying for the quality of the clothes - not the style.

And I've had items from F21 for years that have not fallen apart yet, so I guess maintenance has some part to do if the garment will last or not?

But F21 on the real need to lower their damn prices. I miss the days when the most expensive item in the store cost $15-$17 dollars
frown.gif

Haha! I love F21 and I don't care if they're duping designer fashion but how else can we buy our favorite trends!!

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif And I've had items from F21 for years that have not fallen apart yet, so I guess maintenance has some part to do if the garment will last or not?
But F21 on the real need to lower their damn prices. I miss the days when the most expensive item in the store cost $15-$17 dollars
frown.gif

dito.gif
My thoughts exactly!

Oh well, knock-offs exist everywhere and they're not really hurting the original label. People can afford the original or they can't. Now people that don't want to spend that kind of money can have cute things too.

ditto to the raised prices.

but i do LOVE forever21. most of my clothes are from there.

some people just cant afford real marc jacobs
frown.gif

Allen B Schwartz (ABS) is FAMOUS because of his "next day" red carpet knockoffs. Actually, that's how you know you made it in the world- if ABS knocks you off the next day!

What is sad isnt the stolen creativity, whatever... I'm not crying for the rich. i'm not crying for the designer whose name is on a bag or a dress that their TEAM designed. even so, nothing in fashion is new anymore. everything is inspired by something that has already happened...

What is actually sad is the Forever 21 sweatshop practices. Underpaid workers in substandard conditions (no working plumbing in facilities) for days at a time, being watched over by guards... It doesn't just happen in third world countries, it happens in LA too.

If you want cheap clothes with high style value- shop at H&M... trust and believe in fair trade. global consciousness isn't just about trees, air, and gas... It's also about people.

Originally Posted by brewgrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif If you want cheap clothes with high style value- shop at H&M... trust and believe in fair trade. global consciousness isn't just about trees, air, and gas... It's also about people. H&M is GREAT! I just wish they had more stores throughout the US. There are no H&M's in Florida. I shop there when I go to New York or Minnesota (Mall of America).
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Anthea /img/forum/go_quote.gif I just wonder why the coppies are generally of poorer quality. I mean the origonals usually make massive margins on a new design. The cost in manufacturing terms between a shoddy made item against a well made item is minimal per item (excepting the materials,I'm talking workmanship). But it is often the case the copy will fall apart sooner, but it does not have to be that way. Does anyone know what im trying to say? lol Oh I totally understand. I like forever 21 for their basic stuff but a lot of their dresses and things that are obviously replicas aren't very attractive compared to the real thing. Like the copies in the pictures from the OP look so blah next to the real thing, though in reality I wouldn't wear either.
eusa_whistle.gif
Sometimes things like these fall apart easily but I have had a lot of cheap clothes from different places and the quality isn't too bad, it just depends on how you care for it I think.

Originally Posted by brewgrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif What is actually sad is the Forever 21 sweatshop practices. Underpaid workers in substandard conditions (no working plumbing in facilities) for days at a time, being watched over by guards... It doesn't just happen in third world countries, it happens in LA too.

Damn skippy. And that's why I refuse to patronize any of their stores. There were actually picket lines and protesters outside the CEO's home some time ago. The protesters were mostly women, many of them illegal immigrants, protesting the shoddy treatment being doled out... guards locking the bathrooms because the women "used it too much"... it turns my stomach. This is why I am very much against illegal immigration, they are the most exploited and maltreated people in the United States today, and some people even called me 'facist' for stating my belief in this. The F21 Corporation has shown many times that it does not care about the people who work the factories, they work them like dogs all day only to have them work just as hard the next day, and then the execs ride back to their houses in their swanky cars to get a good night's sleep.
I'm really glad that F21 is losing alot of money right now. I hope it goes to the crapper where it belongs. Don Chang and his wife belong in jail also.

Back