Fortune Cookie Soap - Autumn box 2015

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably wont get my box until the 20th as takes longer to reach the uk but glad its a good one. Also waiting on and order from their Christmas in July sale but that'll have duty to pay so add an extra 2 wks for the letter and processing time lol!

What's the scents like in the new box? Is there a stand out product as my box has only just departed from US soil so will be at least another week. Wish they'd sent out the international orders a bit earlier so everyone received their box about the same time.

Mine arrived yesterday.   The WC smells like a very lightly scented copy of Green Is the New Black from the Witch, Please box.  The bath powder smells like Leaves from Bath & Body Works with apple cider thrown in.  The OCD is nasty.  It smells like sandalwood.  The perfume oil reminds me of Forever Sunshine doused in vanilla.  What is with the B&BW copies?  If I wanted those, I'd just go to B&BW.

Thanks - though only had the Peter Pan themed box so far so not sure about previous box smells. Love cinnamon (their Oogie Boogie soaps are so much fun).

See they've re-released the Sally whipped cream again - what Scents are in that one as the description is somewhat lacking in the top, middle and base note. Its expensive to ship to the UK so I don't want to chance buy if I end up hating it. TIA

Finally received the fall box and its ok..I like the perfume oil in the little atomiser and te whipped cream but that's about it. The shampoo bar is the one item I'm really disappointed with as really wanted to try one of those but dislike the scent and not sure I could walk around all day with it wafting near my nose / ditto the pomade. Oh well, one less spending spree when the collection is released at the end of the month!

Am looking forward to seeing the Pumpkin items though will likely have sold out by the time I manage to log on. I really hope the winter box is a good one with some real Christmas scents in there. I'll post as soon as I see what it'll be (or if someone beats me to it lol!)

For those that haven't already seen it, there is a Halloween box been released. Its NOT part of the subscription but a stand alone box with a "Zombie" theme. No details as to scents (though hope its not rotting flesh!). Boxes vary from $19.99 to $34 depending on location. They messed up on the free shipping but will refund seemingly so free shipping.

Thanks so much for the info @@Alidolly! Here is the link in case someone is interested http://www.fortunecookiesoap.com/collections/halloween-soap-box

fortune cookie soap halloween.jpg

For those that haven't already seen it, there is a Halloween box been released. Its NOT part of the subscription but a stand alone box with a "Zombie" theme. No details as to scents (though hope its not rotting flesh!). Boxes vary from $19.99 to $34 depending on location. They messed up on the free shipping but will refund seemingly so free shipping.
I am majorly ticked off that it sold out in less than 24 hours.  

They had a few issues when it was released with the free shipping code not working or only partially working (I'm still owed a couple of dollars after being overcharged). Just wish they'd give more details about the scents used as being in the uk its a gamble (expensive one as well) if its not great.

Thanks - though only had the Peter Pan themed box so far so not sure about previous box smells. Love cinnamon (their Oogie Boogie soaps are so much fun).

See they've re-released the Sally whipped cream again - what Scents are in that one as the description is somewhat lacking in the top, middle and base note. Its expensive to ship to the UK so I don't want to chance buy if I end up hating it. TIA
Sally - is that from Nightmare before Christmas theme? If so, that scent was like soap. It smelled like regular clean laundry soap to me.

thanks @@biancardi think I'll give that one a miss then. Thought it might be like the Oogie boogie soap which has a fantastic scent of cinnamon (plus the fun bugs lol!).

I used my $10 code to get some of the Basic Pumpkin collection, I got the Duck Lips lip scrub, smells amazing, as does the pumpkin shampoo bar I can't wait to use it. I also got the Yoga Booty Whipped Cream and it's the best of smelling one I got, it smells just like pumpkin pie, and light as mousse. I've only received two boxes so far and loved them both, but these pumpkin scents were the best. I think this is the most fun sub with the best smelling stuff. 

New Vegas mini collection out today - not many items in the collection but includes bombs for the toilet!

Missed the pumpkin collection as released when I was in my bed (UK time) and most had sold out by the time I logged on. At least the zombie collection will ship out next week.

Back