FOTD (A compilation of some of my eyeshadow looks...)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you. I should also add that I color my eyebrows whenever I color my hair... If I find a picture of my eyebrows not drawn on I will post it up. LOL they are non-existant.

Your eyes are so BEAUTIFUL!!! The last pic...your cats eyes totally made me laugh!

LOL ewww I know. My black cat is gorgeous but not in that pic. His third eyelid was showing. I tortured him into taking a picture with me...

You do an amazing job with the lack of brushes you have. Very nice
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Trixie24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Awesome I will check it out. I was going to buy a TIGI Bed Head brush set but it was about $80 and I didnt have the money at the time....Psssh and the $80 was at my cost (licensed barber/cosmetologists get their products at wholesale prices threw distributors).
I have that brush set, I really like it but I don't know that I would have paid $80 for it. It was only $30 when I got it and it was a Christmas gift (I was with her when she bought it for me). I really like them though and of course their hot pink color
smile.gif

My girl cat (the calico) her name is Nollee and the black cat (my boy) his name is Osiris. They are both one year olds...

The TIGI set I saw was a huge compilation of brushes and had just come out recently. I have a TIGI Bed Head Blush Brush and a Sebastian Trucco Powder brush... I forgot to mention those.

The one I wanted was VERY similar to this (if not this lol)

TIGI Bed Head Brush Roll

Granted the pack was on sale... I think for $70 something (I just round it up to $80) and this is threw a licensed only distributor. If you got this set for $30 that is quite the steal.

UDPP is Urban Decay Primer Potion. It is a primer that you apply to your eyes before applying your eyeshadow. Makes your eyeshadow stay put and last forever. I swear by it. Apparently alot of people on here do.

Originally Posted by Trixie24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have horrible eyebrows... Those are drawn on. Granted I still have brows but they look non existant. I use a revlon pencil to make them look that way. Honestly I would have never guessed. You are being so humble by saying you're an amateur lol! You do a great job with your brows as well as everything else.
As far as decent cheap brushes, just check out your nearest drugstore or Walmart, thats where I started! Then you find what works for you, and you can splurge later on better brushes.

And even though I have quite a few high end (MAC, Guerlain) brushes now, I still use sponge applicators and Qtips all the time, if it works for you, it works, no worries.

Oh and I completly swear by UDPP too, that thing made a world of difference for all my eyeshadows, anything will last ALL day now
smile.gif

Great job!! Love the color combinations and and how precise the eyeliner is. AND the kitties (I have 8 myself
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
)

Thank you everyone for the compliments. My mom just gave me 3 palettes of blush and eyeshadows yesterday to play with. They each come with a brush too. Oooooo. Once I start playing with those I will post some new pictures up. They arent a high name brand but I'm excited to try them out. I use alot of drugstore brands as well as TIGI Bed Head, Bibo, Sebastian Trucco, and UD. Mostly maybelline for drugstore brand.

and holy 8 cats???? I have had 3 at one time lol... THat is enough for me!

Originally Posted by Killah Kitty /img/forum/go_quote.gif Honestly I would have never guessed. You are being so humble by saying you're an amateur lol! You do a great job with your brows as well as everything else.
As far as decent cheap brushes, just check out your nearest drugstore or Walmart, thats where I started! Then you find what works for you, and you can splurge later on better brushes.

And even though I have quite a few high end (MAC, Guerlain) brushes now, I still use sponge applicators and Qtips all the time, if it works for you, it works, no worries.

Oh and I completly swear by UDPP too, that thing made a world of difference for all my eyeshadows, anything will last ALL day now
smile.gif

I use the UDPP with all my shadow's not just UD. I'll have to get some cheap brushes for now. It's all a girl can afford at the moment. I seem to do ok with what I have at the moment.
Thanks for the compliment on my brows. I have no idea how people shave em off and draw em on everyday, I could never do it. I am not that precise. I just fill in what I have and bring the eyebrows in closer (I have VERY sparse eyebrows and blondish at that) so they line up with my nose. Otherwise they are too far apart. They just don't grow I tell ya. If anyone has any tips on how to get my "fake" brows not to smudge and stay put that would be great. I go riding alot and with wearing a helmet I don't draw my brows on because when I take the helmet off it smudges them anyways.... Right now I am using a revlon pencil... So any suggestions?

Only thing I can think of is, use a sealer over them when you are done, Im thinking something along the lines of Benefits Shelaq, you can find more info on that on the Benefit or Sephora website, and the product comes with some brushes too.

Hopefully someone has a better suggestion, because Benefit is kind of expensive lol.

Yes and I need to keep the eyebrows black so it matches my hair. I find alot of pencils for brunettes and blondes, but not so many options for black hair???

That sealer product by Benefit is clear, you just brush it over whatever you've put on and it seals it on there. Ive used it before and it works really well, but Im sure somebody will be able to suggest something cheaper for you.

Oh I heard girls with black hair and eyebrows before have used MAC Fluidline for their brows, as it is very long lasting and does not smudge or anything, maybe that would work too, but I dont know how natural it would look...

Back