FOTD for June 16th

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by nydoll23 I like it!!!!I swear Andrea you are so darn pretty!!!!
biggrin.gif
You did a great joband you skin looks beautiful. thanks babe :icon_love btw did you do trisha´s look from yesterday too? cuz you said you were going to. did you like it?

Originally Posted by Arielle thanks babe :icon_love btw did you do trisha´s look from yesterday too? cuz you said you were going to. did you like it?

No, iwant to try that for a special outting, i need more purple es i have three, but i only use one.I am going to do a mini haul with stila tomorrrow if i find some good stuff.My sis says she will let me do some looks on her and i will do some on me so then she can help me post them on my notepad.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by nydoll23 No, iwant to try that for a special outting, i need more purple es i have three, but i only use one.I am going to do a mini haul with stila tomorrrow if i find some good stuff.My sis says she will let me do some looks on her and i will do some on me so then she can help me post them on my notepad.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
*yay* excited to see your pics, and your sis too
wink.gif
good luck with your haul tomorrow. but I doubt you´re gonna be able to make it a mini haul-don´t we all spend more money then we intended when we´re actually at the makeup counters
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Arielle *yay* excited to see your pics, and your sis too
wink.gif
good luck with your haul tomorrow. but I doubt you´re gonna be able to make it a mini haul-don´t we all spend more money then we intended when we´re actually at the makeup counters
icon_redface.gif

lol i know i just use the word mini haul around my husband so i dont scare him,lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Oh yeah i wanted to ask you about mac's hyper real foundation.how do you like it and how does it look on?I n your pic your skin looks really clear and glowly .
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by nydoll23 lol i know i just use the word mini haul around my husband so i dont scare him,lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Oh yeah i wanted to ask you about mac's hyper real foundation.how do you like it and how does it look on?I n your pic your skin looks really clear and glowly .
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Hyper Real is my favorite nighttime foundation. sometimes I´m worried about it being to shimmery for day but I´ve asked several people and they said it´not too much for day, so sometimes I wear it during the day too.
my skin is pretty dull without makeup, my skintone is uneven with a little redness due to past breakouts and stuff. HR has light to medium coverage, so you don´t really have to blend it like crazy. but due its shimmer particles (which are tiny btw, you have to look very very close to see them) my skintone appears somewhat flawless without looking like I´m wearing lots of makeup. I apply it on my dark circles too and it makes them 25% less visible, followed by concealer it´s awesome.

and most of all: HR gives you the GLOW, and I personally look a little more tan with it (I use NC 300 btw)

Originally Posted by Arielle Hyper Real is my favorite nighttime foundation. sometimes I´m worried about it being to shimmery for day but I´ve asked several people and they said it´not too much for day, so sometimes I wear it during the day too.
my skin is pretty dull without makeup, my skintone is uneven with a little redness due to past breakouts and stuff. HR has light to medium coverage, so you don´t really have to blend it like crazy. but due its shimmer particles (which are tiny btw, you have to look very very close to see them) my skintone appears somewhat flawless without looking like I´m wearing lots of makeup. I apply it on my dark circles too and it makes them 25% less visible, followed by concealer it´s awesome.

and most of all: HR gives you the GLOW, and I personally look a little more tan with it (I use NC 300 btw)

Oh ok,sounds great ,i think i would prob use the same shade as you, im not as tan anymore.I think tiny shimmer particles would make the skin appear to be more flawless,similiar to the mica in mineral foundation.Any ways if your skin looks that healthy and glowly,i want to get it and look glowly myself,lol

Thanks for the tip!
wink.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Oh ok,sounds great ,i think i would prob use the same shade as you, im not as tan anymore.I think tiny shimmer particles would make the skin appear to be more flawless,similiar to the mica in mineral foundation.Any ways if your skin looks that healthy and glowly,i want to get it and look glowly myself,lolThanks for the tip!
wink.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

*hehe* no prob. I´m constantly trying to convince people to try it, but a lotta people have had bad experiences with MAc foundation. HR is the only one I liked, but neither one of the ones I tried broke me out.if you get it tell me how you like it. well, get a sample at least to try it out before-that´s what I did cause I was convinced MAC foundations all suck

Originally Posted by Arielle *hehe* no prob. I´m constantly trying to convince people to try it, but a lotta people have had bad experiences with MAc foundation. HR is the only one I liked, but neither one of the ones I tried broke me out.if you get it tell me how you like it. well, get a sample at least to try it out before-that´s what I did cause I was convinced MAC foundations all suck

I have no idea they give samples,but then again the mac girls here are bi****!lol but i will try it and let you know how it comes out.
biggrin.gif

Arielle, you always look so pretty. I love the eyes! I wish I had more time in the morning to spend on my makeup!

You mentioned that you used Loreal's Microdermabrasion Kit and your complexion looks flawless. I am very eager to try one of those microdermabrasion kits but am worried that it might irritate my skin or make it peel or something. Was this the first time you used it? What has your experience been with it?

icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by Arielle so here´s the look I stole from Trisha
icon_twisted.gif
I tried to do my best at it with the colors I have
FACE:

MAC Hyper Real

BB Creamy Concealer+Blemish Cover Stick

MAC Blot Powder

EYES:

MAC CCB Hush

MAC e/s Vanilla on browbone

MAC e/s Amethyste on lid

cheap lavender drugstore e/s on inner corners

MAC f/l Blue Peep on lower inner rims

MAC e/s Meadowland on lower lashline

MF 2000 Calorie mascara

LIPS:

Dermablend to cover lips up (I wanted the lipgloss to look a lil more nude)

Dior Addict Lip Gloss #151

P.S: I used l´oreal´s microdermabrasion kit, a cleansing mask and self tanner last night to make my skin look better-too bad this effect only lasts for 1-2 days
icon_sad.gif

Ashley,

I just love that color e/s on you. And, I agree with the other girls, your eye color is so intense and beautiful.

Originally Posted by PinkRibbons GORGEOUS ARIELLE!! I Love that on you too!!
Here's mine!

I us4ed Cranberry

Expensive pink

Lots of blacktrack LoL

I took a pic outside and inside
smile.gif

Originally Posted by PinkRibbons No one ever believes me when I tell them i'm 21 LoL LOL! I know that all too well...
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by Nicolet Arielle, you always look so pretty. I love the eyes! I wish I had more time in the morning to spend on my makeup!
You mentioned that you used Loreal's Microdermabrasion Kit and your complexion looks flawless. I am very eager to try one of those microdermabrasion kits but am worried that it might irritate my skin or make it peel or something. Was this the first time you used it? What has your experience been with it?

icon_smile.gif

I´ve tried it a couple of times so far, and it´s ok, I´m sure there are better (but also pricier) kits out there. I was scared I might turn red too, but if you scrub gentle (like with a regular facial scrub) you won´t have any problems, and don´t scrub longer than 2min (according to the decription that comes with the kit)
I always use a facial mask afterwards, and it adds up to the outcome. if you use the scrub only the effect is not THAT outrageous. your skin will feel baby soft though, pores appear smaller, but the effect is not permanent. I´d use it the day before special events or something, or anytime you really want to look good.

btw, my skin is not flawless, its a combo of foundation and concealer that makes it appear like that.

Hi Everyone! See, I told you that everyone was nice here!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
You all look great...Ashley, I agree with everyone on your eyes, so dark and pretty, and you do such a nice job with your eyeshadow ...Hmm, that MAC HyperReal looks really good on you, Andrea, you are making me want to try it... I need to try to use up a bunch of other stuff before I go crazy buying more though
icon_sad.gif

Don't have a digital camera, but this is me:

Bare Minerals - fair 1.0 (one of those 'good' days)

Aromaleigh - illuminator powder

L'Oreal QuickStick- in Pale - undereye concealer

Jane - Blush in Blushing Petal

Rimmel - eyeliner in Chianti (plummy brown) on top and lightly smudged into bottom lashes

Clinique - Colour Surge eyeshadow in Sierra Glaze (bronzey brown) over liner on top

Clinique - eyeshadow in Sunkissed (shimmery peachy gold) over lid

Clinique - Colour Surge eyeshadow duo in Frosted Lily (shimmery white) on brow bone and inner 'v'

L'Oreal - Voluminous in Black/Brown

Burt's Bees - Lip Shimmer in Nutmeg

Rimmel - Clear gloss

I have one question though; for you girls that have cameraphones, how do you transfer it onto your computer? I would use mine, but I don't know how that works...thanks
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Charmaine Anne that sounds gorgeous! I think you can sign up at http://www.textamerica.com and you can send them pics from your phone. Thanks! I actually tried to do my eye makeup today; I am usually lazy and just put on a little mascara and call it good. Is that textamerica service free? It doesnt have a FAQ page, but I'll probably try it out anyways...thanks again
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Hi guys! well, here it is.. sorry the pics are crap!

FOTDjune16.jpg

eyesjune.jpg

Eyes are:

MIneralism from lid to crease,

Tempting in crease

Tilt in Inner corner

RetroSPeck on brow..

WHEW!

Originally Posted by Charmaine Lauryn, that looks great! It's good to see an FOTD from you. I just merged this thread with the other FOTD thread for today, so if you're looking for it, you know where you can find it. AHA! i thought i lost my mind!

Originally Posted by Charmaine Oops, sorry, you're not losing your mind - it was all my doing
icon_redface.gif
You are TOO funny!

OK, I tried out that website Charmaine gave me...I dont know how to do thumbnails, but here is a link...

It's HUGE by the way...not too handy with photoeditors
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Charmaine Anne that looks great! I'm glad that website worked for you. Well, I tried.
wink.gif
The colors don't really show up, but oh well. How can I make a picture appear on the left side of the screen under my screenname? Everyone else has one...I feel left out
icon_sad.gif

Back