FOTD June 13, 2011

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loving that lipcolor Tis!

My inspiration for today was my daughter toothpaste bottle...or SPONGEBOB

Eyes:
Ben Nye Creme Color Highlight
Covered by TKB Titanium Dioxide All inner rims lined with NYX Milk   Face:
Ben Nye Creme Color Yellow
Covered by TKB True Yellow

MAC Fluidline used for outlines

PF green gel liner used for the holes then filled in with various greens from BH 120

TKB matte red mixed with mixing medium for the lips and BH 120 for cheek color

Eyelashes (yes eyelashes) and eyebrows glued down with eyelash glue and Joico Hair Glue

My phone cam takes pics at weird angles so the teeth look WAY crooked lol

Just a touch of a warning here...

Make sure you always look at the ingredients list if you're going to put blue or green on your mouth.  There are a few ingredients that are commonly used to make these colors for makeup meant for other parts of your face (like eye shadows) that are not safe to use on the mouth.  Make sure the ingredients list don't include Ferric Ferrocyanide (blue) or Chromium Iron Oxides (green - (CI 77288)) or Ultramarines (CI 77007) since they're not safe to use on the lips.

My skin is still a tad bit sunburnt today, so I decided to go without face makeup. I focused on my eyes since they happen to be my favorite feature.

I don't remember what thread it was in, but I mentioned a Wet 'n Wild palette as a dupe for a MAC one. The MAC one I was referring to was the Palace

Pedigreed quad from the Feline collection. WnW's palette is called "lust" and it is eerily similar to the MAC one. Granted, the colors may be slightly

different, but I got the WnW palette for a buck. who cares?

Eyes:

WnW palette in "Lust"

(I used almost every color except for the dusky gray-navy)

Aerie Color Eyeliner in Bronze

@bonnie - thanks! & i love your spongebob look! so creative! that must have taken a while! did your daughter like it?

@bowbandit- your eyes are so pretty

My daughter has been sleeping all day she's had a fever and has been puking (yuck)  haha.  My bf laughed when he came home  and yeah it took a good 2 hours almost

Originally Posted by tismama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@amy- gorgeous! i love your hair. how do you like the urban decay face makeup?

@sarra- very creative. i like the green lips

Face: Revlon Color Stay (combination skin) & MAC Pink Power MSF (bronzer)

Lips: Smashbox O Plump

Cheeks: Tarte Blush Tipsy

So far I do really like the UD face foundation, it seems to cover more and last longer than my Bare Minerals. I gotta test it out a little longer. But so far it's a go :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Btw you look super adorable in your fotd :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

bonnie- seriously that made me lol.. i read your description first and then scrolled down like "WOW!!" it's great!!

bowbandit - i really like the dark on the eyes <3

Thank you Tis and Amy! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Everyone always looks so pretty and pulled together. grrrr haha.

You should let us know how you like the UD foundation after a few days Amy. I almost bought it one time but stopped, because I didnt know anything about it.

@amy- thanks! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> & i never heard much about urban decay except their eye stuff. i'm glad to know that their foundation seems good. i know their shadows are the best quality i've tried

I didn't realize they had foundation until the other day! I looked around online and 99% of the reviews for it are great. The biggest complaint is the fact that's really expensive for a small amount. When I first put it on it seems too yellow but once I blend it a lot it starts looking really good. It's very light too, I can't even feel it when I wear it. But I think I need a few more days, you know... after the "honeymoon" period LOL

@Bonnie- haha! too cute, love it! and btw, I'm gonna try and do the MICA Bella swatches and pics tomorrow :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Everyone looks great as always!!

awww i hope she gets better soon! that's never good

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My daughter has been sleeping all day she's had a fever and has been puking (yuck)  haha.  My bf laughed when he came home  and yeah it took a good 2 hours almost

Tis, I think thats my favorite Gloss on you.. or whatever it is.  Its so pretty.

BowBandit you eyeshadow looks great!

Bonnie.. I started laughing as soon as I saw that.. Awesome Spongebob!..

Latest posts

Back