Foundation for Snow White pale skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Amber Blevins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a light mufe foundation and its still quite dark on me. I have some white foundation I can mix into it, but the foundation itself just doesnt work as well.

tried to find a few more pics that dont have a bright flash (sorry thats my boyfriend). Somewhere between them all is what I look like in real life =P

hahaha, no worries lady!  i love the orange/red hair on you! looks awesome with your eyes! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i didn't quite match up with mufe's HD foundation, that was still too dark on me as well. been trying to think with what other colors i personally was able to work with... mhhhhh. oh, did you ever try thebalms cream foundations? i haven't, but i kind of want to. they have a color called "lighter than light" and from swatches i've seen, it looks pretty darn pale. i'll go hunting for me TB this weekend at TJX, if i'll have a chance to pick it up and try it, i'll let you know! =)

hahaha, no worries lady!  i love the orange/red hair on you! looks awesome with your eyes! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i didn't quite match up with mufe's HD foundation, that was still too dark on me as well. been trying to think with what other colors i personally was able to work with... mhhhhh. oh, did you ever try thebalms cream foundations? i haven't, but i kind of want to. they have a color called "lighter than light" and from swatches i've seen, it looks pretty darn pale. i'll go hunting for me TB this weekend at TJX, if i'll have a chance to pick it up and try it, i'll let you know! =)
Thank you!!! No I've never tried any Balm poducts, but a shade by that name does sound promising!! If you do try it out id love to hear how it works :)

Hmmmm... I thought I actually posted this earlier today but I guess it didn't post. I tried to say that Cover FX has a very light one called E0 I think and FACE atelier has a foundation called Zero Minus that they use on True Blood. There is also KETT powder, which is a translucent White powder that will somewhat make foundation lighter. I've been VERY interested in both of these products personally and I was supposed to get some but had some issues and I never got to try it yet. I still hope to at some point.

I am currently using MAC Prep + Prime Translucent Powder to set the Studio Tech NW15 Cream to Powder Foundation and even on its own that seems to work really well. They also have C3? I think that was a light foundation at MAC but I think it would be far too dark on you. I also use Loreal true Match W1 Porcelain liquid and powder foundation. For the last year but it does seem to get patchy sometimes. 

One other thing I've been using is NYX's Foundation Primer which actually kinda looks white on my skin and makes it look like I've used white cream on my face.

I also had Mehron's Clown White Extra Light recommended to me for a white foundation. I've also been recommended to use Manic Panic's White Makeup. 

Let us all now how the Meow Cosmetics works out cause I would love to find something that works for me as well.

I have very fair and pale skin. I try to stay as light as possible although when I was younger I was extremely tan, though I never tried to be. Now I burn and go darker cause of photosensitivity due to medications but I am back to being quite pale. 

Let me know if any of these suggestions help you at all!

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Slinkycats /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmmmm... I thought I actually posted this earlier today but I guess it didn't post. I tried to say that Cover FX has a very light one called E0 I think and FACE atelier has a foundation called Zero Minus that they use on True Blood. There is also KETT powder, which is a translucent White powder that will somewhat make foundation lighter. I've been VERY interested in both of these products personally and I was supposed to get some but had some issues and I never got to try it yet. I still hope to at some point.

I am currently using MAC Prep + Prime Translucent Powder to set the Studio Tech NW15 Cream to Powder Foundation and even on its own that seems to work really well. They also have C3? I think that was a light foundation at MAC but I think it would be far too dark on you. I also use Loreal true Match W1 Porcelain liquid and powder foundation. For the last year but it does seem to get patchy sometimes. 

One other thing I've been using is NYX's Foundation Primer which actually kinda looks white on my skin and makes it look like I've used white cream on my face.

I also had Mehron's Clown White Extra Light recommended to me for a white foundation. I've also been recommended to use Manic Panic's White Makeup. 

Let us all now how the Meow Cosmetics works out cause I would love to find something that works for me as well.

I have very fair and pale skin. I try to stay as light as possible although when I was younger I was extremely tan, though I never tried to be. Now I burn and go darker cause of photosensitivity due to medications but I am back to being quite pale. 

Let me know if any of these suggestions help you at all!

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thanks for such a detailed response!!!! I have the cover fx and loreal true match and both are still too dark for me to use without it looking noticeable. At mac I'm fairer than their lightest shade N3, and I already purchased their white face and body makeup to try and mix in, but it was way too thick to blend well with any of my current foundations.

Someone sent me a sample of their manic panic white foundation and that worked decently well but again the makeup itself wasnt fantastic and it watered down the original product. Ive tried the maybelline fit me...that looked promising, but it ended up being too dark.

The best i've found is NYC's liquid foundation in ivory. It doesnt lean yellow or pink and its only id say 4 shades darker than me which is pretty good. I love the consistency of makeup forevers hd foundation, but the colors just arent a good match.

Its SO frustrating!!!! Youd figure ONE of these companies would realize it would be a goldmine to create colors for us caspers >.<

Well the most promising I've come across are the first two I mentioned, the FACE atelier Zero Minus and the KETT Powder. I think the finishing powder actually makes the slightly too dark foundations match my skin a bit better so its something to try anyway. I am interested in the Meow samples tho. I think the major companies cater to the majority of people's skin colourings but it does make it really hard for the fairest of the fair, especially albino skin. They have the hardest time of all. Or people with multi-coloured skin due to medical illnesses or medications or skin lightening and darkening. They really have to mix and play around with different formulations. It is nice to see some companies trying to come up with lighter foundations that are great for people like us and for people who want the goth look. I personally would love to go even lighter but again that's not easy to achieve. Also coming up with a formula that won't make people break out as well would be ideal.

You can't make everyone happy though.

I'm wondering if a Korean brand of BB cream would work for those of you with super pale skin.

MISSHA M BB Boomer (BB Cream)

$14.68 on Amazon.com

I've been wanting to try one for quite some time. I'm sure it would help, but I definitely need more coverage than this would provide. I'd ideally like to find a true foundation

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm wondering if a Korean brand of BB cream would work for those of you with super pale skin.

MISSHA M BB Boomer (BB Cream)

$14.68 on Amazon.com

I use skin79. It doesn't really provide coverage as much as it even out my skin and provides a base. I'm lucky enough to not need much coverage. I've used a sample of Misha's BBcream and it was too dark but they have different colors and provided decent coverage and I've also tried Lioele water drop BBcream and I really didn't care for it but it definitely gives coverage.. You just need to do your research based on your skins needs and color. I did a lot of searching and ended up buying like 10 at once.. Skin79's is a favorite of mine.. Garnier is coming out with a drugstore BBcream this year I'm beyond excited to try!

Megan - if you have very fair skin then what came out - well what's currently available by Gariner - won't work for you. I'm tracking the light/medium down since I own medium/deep and will have swatches of both up.

i'm still trying to find the perfect shade for my skin, too. so i know how frustrating it can be. anywho, i just purchased the foundation shade Geisha by Ben Nye, its a teensy bit too light / pink toned for me. (strange that my skin is pink AND yellow toned pale? idk) it could work for you. they have a pretty big range, a few types of foundations for sensitive / non-sensitive skin, plus the pots are big compared to drug store brands and the prices are pretty reasonable for the quality you get.

Megan - if you have very fair skin then what came out - well what's currently available by Gariner - won't work for you. I'm tracking the light/medium down since I own medium/deep and will have swatches of both up.

Ooh that's good to know! My obsession will do my wallet in.. xD

What about Detrivore or Morgana Cryptoria? My skin isn't this pale but I seem to remember seeing very pale shades when shopping on their websites. Have you checked those brands out? I've gotten nothing but great customer service from them, and I do mean great, and their shipping costs are very reasonable.

My skin looks pretty much like yours and I've had a terrible time finding foundation. The last time I was in London I was at Harrods and found a line called Dainty Doll, which is formulated for people with super pale skin. The PR says that it is made for redheads, but I think that's mostly because the ginger from Girls Aloud was their spokesperson/ helped formulate it. I've got super dark hair and the lightest color looks great on me. It's expensive, but well worth it- the color works and it's non-drying and the coverage is good, but not so heavy that I look like I'm wearing a mask.

Swatches: http://www.dreamsthatglitterxoxo.com/2011/12/dainty-doll-make-up-foundation-and.html

To buy: http://www.harrods.com/brand/dainty-doll/view-all

I've seen it pop up on ebay occasionally, too.

Oh yeah I forgot about evil shades and morgan a cryptoria I didn't really look at their foundations before.

My blog. And it's not overexposed - it really was that white.  I was surprised, because it was not a 0, it was level 1. Abyssinian seemed "cooler" then Manx, the latter was a warm pale. And coverage was excellent as well.

Originally Posted by Amber Blevins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I found those pictures on a blog, so I have not tried that brand of makeup before myself. I just saw the swatches and got really excited!!

Ive used the MAC face and body in white to try and mix with my regular foundations and like you it broke me out pretty badly and just didnt look right. it was way too much coverage and looked like I had makeup on. I use lancomes waterproof concealer in porcelain1...its a little dark, but lighter than my undereye circles so I just apply it lightly. I dont currently wear any foundation because if the colors off even the slightest bit its so easy to tell. 

I just liked the meow cosmetics because the samples are so cheap you can order enough to find your right color AND they come in 3 coverages so you could get one thats not too heavy!
MUFE's alabaster is also nice, I just swatched it the other day, have not been able to blog about it yet.

I think I have gray undertone, like dust on the road. yellowish gray. very fair olives usually do the trick.

I have a question about those of you with uber white skin. Are you classified as a pink or yellow undertone because all of the lightest foundations I've seen on those with uber white skin tend to be too dark and too yellow or too pink. To me it seems as if you have more of a blue undertone than yellow or pink.

I am the exact same way. I have transparent-pale skin with bluish undertones.

Right now I'm wearing Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in the Beige Rose, pretending like I don't have the bluish undertones. It's a little bit dark in terms of undertone, but it wears very light on the skin, so if I blend it well, I don't look like I'm wearing an orange mask.

Okay, just got Tarte's full coverage foundation in Fair, and I bet you would love it! One of the best snow white shades I've seen. Also got to look at Nyx 's HD liquid foundation. Their fairest shade has a pretty great undertone that may suit you as well, for a cheaper alternative.

Hi girls!!!

I'm sorry, This post got pushed like 30 down on my stream and I forgot to check it for a while 
icon_redface.gif

I have a small bit of good news!!!! My Local Ulta just rearranged their store and expanded a few companies product selections by a lot. Well I was walking past the newly expanded NYX section and something stopped me DEAD in my tracks.... it's their HD concealer and they looked PALE in the bottle. An employee was actually just putting them on the display and I grabbed the only one in the fairest color porcelain as fast as i possibly could. 

This is the bottle...My pics are cell phone quality, but the colors actually not far off from real life.

Swatched on my arm and then blended. The swatch color is very close to real life. 

SEE its a touch pink (damn you blue undertones), but a close match!!!!!! I'm seriously ready to throw a party!!! 
party.gif

I looked on NYX's site and i swear to you the swatches are SO much darker online...it does not even look like the same product. I looked at their liquid foundation selection and the coloring only starts at "nude" as well as the in store selection which is quite a bit darker than the ivories, porcelains, etc. I sent them an email asking if they had any products in the works that were a color match for the concealer, but I've yet to hear back. 

Cool, I thought that would work!! 

I honestly want to send you a sample of CARGO's #10 to see if it would work.  That stuff is incredible.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back