Foundation for very oily skin

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mainly used A moisterizer by Geurlain and then used Iman Clay 5 since( Im dark skinned) and blott with Clay-Medium Dark powder then end results is flawlesssss before then I would use either Black Opal or Clinique and there I would have to main shines on my face.

I would recommend MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation. This powder/foundation may help you slove your problem.

Thank You But How I Live In Bahamas I Would Have To Wait Until I Fly To Miami Or Ft. Lauderdale Sometime Next Month Fo Rme To Purchase It I Just Want To Be Ware So Wheni I Do Go Shopping At Mac In Macys Ill Tell Them Exactly What Im Looking For..thanks Alot.!!!

Oh man we've had a heat wave here and my skin has gone from oily to extra-see-your-reflection-in-my-skin-oil-slick, so I know what you mean!

I've been using The Body shop's Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream, it's suppose to help control oil. I can't say I am jaw dropping impressed by it, but I will say it does help. However, I want to upgrade to Estee Lauders ‘Clear Difference Oil Controlling Moisturizer’... but at a mere $32 bucks I will have to save a bit (but the reviews on it seem far superior to other oil controlling moisturizers). Point being I'd start out with a oil controlling moisturizer.

Next, I use Clinique Pore Minimizer... which is kind of like a primer. Makes pores smooth, skin like velvet, while helping control oilies and withstanding to heat. They also have the same stuff in a 't zone oil control' formula but I don't like the texture as much.

Then I've been using Clinique's Work Out make-up which holds up pretty well in heat and to oily skin when you set it with a loose translucent powder. Or Revlon’s Color Stay... if that's too heavy they make a Revlon color stay in a 'active' formula which is suppose to be lighter coverage. Also MAC's blot powder is nice for touch up's.

I had the same problem as you. I used to use MAC's Mineralized SatinFinish SPF15 Foundation, but I found that it didn't do anything for my oily skin except broke me out. Now I use:

- Monistat chaffing gel as primer

- rice powder: oil control primer (fyrinnae)

- my EDM foundation

- finishing powder that controls oil.

It doesn't completely eliminate my oiliness, but I blot with rice paper and I'm good.

Hope this helps.

Oh and also, I find that my pores are less visible with this. =)

all the brands of foundation really works, but the best thing that i do to eliminate the oil on my face is egg pack, simply apply the egg white on your face and then let it dry for 10 minutes or so then rinse it. After that you can use any foundation you like, without having a problem for oily skin.

Originally Posted by shesadiva /img/forum/go_quote.gif all the brands of foundation really works, but the best thing that i do to eliminate the oil on my face is egg pack, simply apply the egg white on your face and then let it dry for 10 minutes or so then rinse it. After that you can use any foundation you like, without having a problem for oily skin. I dont think that works for everyone.. I used to do that but it made my face even oilier
frown.gif

I use the chanel matte fluide foundation, works like a charm, but smells kinda weird.

I Have Used Foundation In The Past Few Years And It Worsen My Oily Face, Maybe It's Just Dat I Have Not Really Gotten/find A Better Foundation That Really Suits My Oily Skin

So, I Stopped Using Foundation, One Day I Went To A Beauty Shop And I Saw I Came Acroos Covergirl Concealer, Bought It And Eeeeever Since Then, I Have Bn Using Cover Girl Invisible Concealer. I Really Love The Magic, At Times I Use Mary Kay Concealer As Well(light Bronze) And Cover Girl Trublend(410 Translucent Light) Loose Powder Or Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder(light 02).

I just bought a toner from Lush, it's the Tea tree water toner. It's been pretty good controlling my oily face, I've only used it for a day and I totally feel a difference on my face. and believe me, my face gets so oily I can grease a pan with it
frown.gif
lol

I've been switching between foundations (I bought 2 on a whim a week ago) so I can't really recommend a foundation that's extremely great at controlling oil, but def go for powders. although i really like the coverage of liquids/creams etc

Ive got oily skin as well and what seems to be working right now is wearing the Neutrogena oil-free moisturizer, then a super light coverage of the MAC full coverage foundation (trust me on this, a little goes a looooooooooong way, its super super pigmented) and then I put the mineralized powder on top and it really helps control the oil to the point were I dont have to touch up with any kind of powder or rice paper at all through out the whole day.

I just picked up Chanels Double Perfection powder foundation and so far its really good. I put Cliniques Instant Pore Perfector underneath and its doing well. I tried LM Powder foundation but it emphasized my pores.

Originally Posted by keli13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Estee Lauder has a new version of their Doublewear Foundation out right now called Doublewear Light. It's a long wearing foundation thats perfect for oily skin. I don't even need to blot or powder all day. It's been selling out at stores like crazy. If your not comfotable picking out a shade online go to your nearest department store, they will give you a sample to try for a couple of days. Many women on other forums are raving about it including me. Make sure you get the Light version, it's not masky at all.
dito.gif
I just picked this up last week after giving up (for now) on minerals. I don't have oily skin but this claims to hold up to humidity. I think it is for all skin types. I use Clinique's pore minimizer under this. EL DW Light is fabulous! You should ask for a sample first to make sure it works for you. I got a sample first and bought the full size a few days later.

Good luck!

Back